1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a different POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I just found a rib that can be added on to your rib at an reasonable cost, I ordered a tapered rib from Poly Choke with a height of .750 at back to .250
    at the muzzle, comes wth attaching components and I had it drilled for a screw if I need it at the rear. a little over 2 ounces, there is a picture of one on a BT-99 on their rib web site.

This is the first I had heard of these types of ribs by Poly Choke, just look at the design, that is what sold me.

I ordered it for my Remington 11-87 Premier Trap.

They are installing a rib on a Daro Handy gun as I was ordering mine.

I wished I had known about them sooner, Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Nothing new here. I had Tom Wilkinson add a delron (sp) rib to an older Browning about 15 years ago. He does excellent work.

My problem was the reverse of yours. My Browning 32" O/U (old style-light barrels) had both barrels shooting to the same POI, but that was 24 inches high. Tom added the rib with a reverse taper, meaning it was taller at the front than the rear. It shoots exactly where I want it too, which is 3 inches high at 30 yards, with the comb all the way down. I use this gun for sporting clays as well as trap singles and doubles, all with slight comb adjustments. I also take it with me as my backup gun for all trap events.

It has Briley thin wall chokes and a bitchin stock by Phil Simms,double releases by Allem.

Tom Strunk

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

That's great Tom Good luck with it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.