1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED A 870 LEFT HAND STOCK

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by boomer, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rebel--as a lefty myself who shoots 870's--they generally are neutral and suitable for left or right hand shooting. What did you have in mind? A rollover comb or a lot of cast on? Please be specific!

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i have been shooting 870's for years. i also have adjusted numerous 870, 1100, beretas, etc. any stock that meets up against the receiver, even the rem 90T. save yourself lots of money and do the following. take your stock off the gun, tear off a piece of cardboard off a box of shells. take the silver plate off the gun in front of the stock and trace the silver plate. cut out the piece of cardboard that you just traced. if you want left hand cast, cut off the piece of card board on the right side of the traced cardboard and place the piece from the right of the hole, in place it in front of the plate, and place the stock back on the gun. this will give you left hand cast. for right hand cast, do the opposite and place it on the left side. if the stock is to high, cut off the card board fron the hole up and place that cardboard in front of the plate. if you want your stock higher, cut the piece below the hole and place that piece in front of the plate. if you have a 870 that shoots to high, get a big screw driver and tighten the barrel nut as tight as you can. this will bring the barrel down, and it will shoot 3 to 4 inches lower. if you have an 1100, put a 870 cap on the 1100, and tighten that down and it will do the samething. with these type of guns, you can make the gun shoot great with just a piece of cardboard.
    steve balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.