1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Need 682X release trigger opinions**

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by davidjayuden, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I will be using a 682X combo. w/O-U barrels for doubles and skeet, and the un-single barrel for trap. A nagging flinch has reminded me why a pull trigger just isn't going to work for me any longer.
    So my first question for you folks is: release/release, or release/pull? Why or why not?
    And secondly, an earlier thread on a similar topic got suggestions of Phil Crenwedge and Merlyn. Any contact numbers on these 2 and any others to consider for the pull to release conversion?
    Thanks again. As always.
    dju

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Most people who shoot a release for a number of years end up going with a double release. Many that I talked to said they should have gone to a double release right away. So that is what I did. I shot a bunch of skeet targets to get used to the double release. I never shot a release in the Beretta and my release triggers all have come from Kolar (I shoot a Kolar now and also have a 90-T HPAR). Bill Malcolm

3. davidjayuden

Thanks for sharing that wisdom Bill. dju

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I had Skeets Gun Shop in Tallequah, Oklahoma do my double release. (In my 682 O/U). Contact # 918-456-4749. (Talk to Dean) Also I have had Phil Crenwelge do several release triggers for me. Both do a great job. Attached is Phillip Crenwelges contact info. Don't bother with release/pull. All that does is create a release/"flinch". Good Luck. Ed

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Releases are for sissies ; )

6. davidjayuden

I am a sissy. Now that we have established that...
    dju

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Its ok Dave..you're still my buddy..and will beat up anybody that messes with you

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Personally I believe double release is the way to go, 44 years of shooting release triggers.

If you have ever shot an automatic on doubles, thats the same as a double release.

The avearge double release shold be approx, 56 oz set 28 oz release this is not fast or slow. This works best for me the release should be half of the set

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. OzarkGun

OzarkGun Member

Try Phillip @ 210-313-5988. He is about the best I know on releases.

10. davidjayuden

I just spoke with Phillip and the receiver will be in the mail within 24 hours. Thanks to all for your help.
    dju

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.