1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need 682 repaired

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lilboss1970, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilboss1970

lilboss1970 Member

Need to get my 682 repaired, broke an ejector this past weekend. Any suggestions on who does a good job and quick turn around. Thanks in advance.

2. Shawn

Shawn Member

Philip does a good job. He did one while I waited at last years Grand on my 682.

Shawn

3. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Cut and past these two URL in your browser. Check them out, give them a call. You will not go wrong with either of these two.

Allems installed the roller release in my 682, very good work. Allems is located in Pennsylvania.

www.allemsguncraft.com

Cole also has worked on my 682. (ejector and firing pin work) They also do very good work. Cole is located in Main.

www.colegun.com

Frank

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

No doubt the outfits mentioned above can do a good job but replacing an ejector (and spring) is really not too difficult on the 680 series guns. Very reasonable DIY repair that can save you a bunch of time and $$$.

5. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Changing the ejector on a 680 should be a less than 30 second job, literally. That includes the time to remove your forend and take the barrel off.

The video above is 1:53 and he does both barrels...slowly.

Call Cole, get the ejector (and spring if you want) shipped to you and it will take longer to walk to the mailbox and open the package than it will to replace the ejector.

Good Luck,

Chip

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I would second doing this your self. It does not require any fitment and it can easily be done.

Bryan

7. skeezix

skeezix Member

I don't think this is a DIY. Ejectors are easy enough to pull and clean - but, I believe, new ejectors are soft. They have to be fit, timed, and then heat treated. Coles charges $120/ejector for this.

john

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Doesnt the ejector have to be cut for the shell rim? Ones ive seen are just a blank that needs to be fitted and cut. Is there something new?

9. skeezix

skeezix Member

grunt - I believe you are correct.

10. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guys, never would have known that...

Chip

11. jimbo9910

jimbo9910 TS Member

push your injector in about half way turn it upword comes rite out
    watch for the spring

12. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

It is a drop-in item.

Doc

13. leadvail

leadvail Member

Well, Who is right?????

14. skeezix

skeezix Member

This is from Coles website:

Beretta 680 Series Part Number 005 Lower extractor (right hand) Ejector (They have to be fitted) These are raw parts need fitting and heat treating....

680 Series Part Number 006 Upper extractor (left hand) Ejector (They have to be fitted and heat treated) Full schematic in high resolution PDF

Fit, finish and heat treat ejector on Beretta OU....... $120

Whether or not you can buy heat treated ejectors I don't know. I don't know how hard they are after heat treating - but the normal quick test for hardness is if you can file it - it hasn't been hardened. If they have been hardened it would make them difficult to time (adjusting the tail of the ejector) or fit. I'm not sure about the rebate for the rim of the hull - I seem to recall those are not cut in either (Until the surface of the ejector is fit flush to the face of the bbls - you wouldn't know how deep to cut the rim rebate.

Brownells is the USA supplier for Beretta parts - you could call them and ask if they have a drop in ejector. for the 680 series.

I had a friend who had ejectors replaced on a 682 Gold E - not by Coles. They didn't last 2 seasons. I have always wondered if they were not heat-treated. He had Coles replace them and they've been fine since.

15. w762nato

w762nato Member

Let me know how you make out I have two of the raw ejectors, thought I could do it my self have a Gold E that been laid up over a year. I would send it to Coles find out if they just need the barrels.
    Sounds like a Beretta weakness. Reminds me of some Mopar cars of the 50's balast resister always screwing up wouldn't start if the humidity was over 50%. Knock my hat off to Email
    Hope the new one lasts longer. Jan

16. skeezix

skeezix Member

They would need the whole un. The ejectors have to be timed so that they eject at the right point when the gun is opened. This is done by removing metal from the tail of the ejector where it contacts the forearm levers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.