1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need 38 super data.........

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ks5shooter, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Need a 180 power factor load for 38 Super using 115 jacketed round nose bulllet.Any loads that function well out there?thanks Don

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I thought they reduced that to 170???

3. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

What powders do you plan to use? What barrel length & do you have hybrid (or blow holes)? I have data for IMR 4756, IMR 7625, VV N105, N38,N350, HS7, HS5, and a few more.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

rrocketman.. Got any 9X25 Data??? Thanks.. Mike

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You will safely make Major with a 150 +gr bullet. The 115 must be driven to insane velocities (1570 fps for 180 PF). You will need to use a small rifle primer in any case. I shot one briefly in the early 90's in IPSC. I went back to the the stodgy, old 45 Auto in a Para Ordnance setup.

If you must do this, start with recommended Super loads and a chrono. Up the loads a couple of tenths at a time until you achieve the desired result. I used Accurate #7, but that was a while back. IIRC, #9 would work, but was not well suited for a progressive press.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.