1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need 28 ga Reload Recipe

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Hello...need a recipe for 28ga Rem hulls and Cheddite primers...can't seem to find one...would also like to buy components for this if anyone has any they would like to sale...Thanks, WC

2. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I'm a big fan of Alliant's "20/28" powder. It's a little snappier than "Unique," and I like my patterns as well. I substitute the Cheddites for Remington primers. The Remington wad loads very well in these hulls, but the Claybuster CB5034-28HS wad works well also, for a lot less money. Go to the Alliant website for some recipes.

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I like Hodgdon SR7625 and the blue PC wad. Soft shooting.

Jim Skeel

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Universal Clays, HS-6 (540), both are right for 28 guage.

Unique is a little fast in my opinion.

HM

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

13 grains of unique. I hsave fired 50,000 rounds with this handload. I would use teh Cheddite as a sub for win 209 in a heartbeat. I have found Unique to kick soft and burn well. I have tried all teh others and I can't find a reason why any load is better and the powder is more expensive.

Cost isn't the reason I use Unique but it is a nice added bonus that it is cheaper then Universal Calys or 540/hs-6. 7625 is also expensive Powder.I can't see a diffrence on the pattern board or on birds. This load I have been using for almost 30 years and I can find no fault with it. Jeff

6. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Anybody have a load using Blue PC wads and 20/28 powder in AA HS hulls or Rem. STS?

7. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Thanks..found components..WC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.