Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need 28 ga Reload Recipe

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dolphin77 
#1 ·
Hello...need a recipe for 28ga Rem hulls and Cheddite primers...can't seem to find one...would also like to buy components for this if anyone has any they would like to sale...Thanks, WC

#2 ·
I'm a big fan of Alliant's "20/28" powder. It's a little snappier than "Unique," and I like my patterns as well. I substitute the Cheddites for Remington primers. The Remington wad loads very well in these hulls, but the Claybuster CB5034-28HS wad works well also, for a lot less money. Go to the Alliant website for some recipes.

#5 ·
13 grains of unique. I hsave fired 50,000 rounds with this handload. I would use teh Cheddite as a sub for win 209 in a heartbeat. I have found Unique to kick soft and burn well. I have tried all teh others and I can't find a reason why any load is better and the powder is more expensive.

Cost isn't the reason I use Unique but it is a nice added bonus that it is cheaper then Universal Calys or 540/hs-6. 7625 is also expensive Powder.I can't see a diffrence on the pattern board or on birds. This load I have been using for almost 30 years and I can find no fault with it. Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.