1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Need 1 Ton Dually tire recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by high 2, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high 2

high 2 Member

It's time to put new tires on the 1 ton dually. OE are Generals. I usually go Michelin, but they don't make a LT 225/75R17. Anyone have any recommendations for tires in this class. I do use the truck for hunting, but mostly pulling a 39' 5th wheel. Thanks Larry
  2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

Goodyear Wrangler is a good choice,I just replaced my Wranglers this morning and decided to try Cooper discovery at3 tires.
  3. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Member

Continental is one of those brands that is not in the forefront. However, like Cooper, etc., it is a great tire...... Mike
  4. high 2

high 2 Member

I put a set of Coopers on my wife's Civic. I've thrown better tires away. I still can't believe Michelin doesn't build a tire to fit. Larry
  5. ark1stclass

ark1stclass TS Member

I have to disagree with Rebel on Continantial tires, they were OE on my 2006 F250....didnt last 12000 miles The ones they put on our Fire Engines wernt any better.... I put some Maxis on the Ford and they have been good about 30,000 miles I do LOTS of turning and taking off the V10 turns the torques the tires good pulling a trailer. (I have a lawncare service 400 gallons ov water on a trailer spins the tires bout every time I take off)

I put a set of Maxis on the '03 Youkon and couldnt be happier. Just my .02

Jim
  6. mbm5770

mbm5770 TS Member

Semi Wheel converstion all the way...your driving a truck babe.....

Durabrights with low pro 22.5's.....
  7. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

I use Toyo on all of my personaland work trucks and welding trucks, we are in the feild with these and they preform as good as any if not better.
    Chuck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.