1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need 1 oz Solo1000 loading data

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

I have lots and lots of the Federal Field & Target Multi-purpose (Walmart 4 pack) hulls that I would like to reload once before I pitch them. I've had split decisions on whether to load the hulls or not. I think I'll give it a try. Can anyone recommend a Solo1000 loading with 1 oz. of shot for a lite trap load. Thanks in advance.

Mike

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Look at the powder manufacturer's website for data using the exact components you are using. Mash the link above for their site.

If they do not have your components listed, you should contact them to see if they can make a recommendation.

3. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

call them. thats the only way you can get data for federals.I have filled out the form for a loading book twice over the last 2 yrs. no book yet.I think i will go back to promo.

4. shootman

shootman TS Member

I load fed. top guns with 18.5 gr. of solo1000,fiochi primer,claybuster cb 2100-12 12sowad,1oz.#8 shot[I prefer downrange wads but I cant find them in 12so yet. I also load fed. gold medal with 20 gr. of solo1000, fiochi primer, downrange drf3-12 12s3 wad 1 1/8oz.#7 1/2 for handicap. Some hulls are different in base wad construction so make sure your hulls are not different than the topgun and gold medal before loading. Hope this helps. BOB

5. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

solo 1000 in federal top guns are all i shoot from the 27 yard line. 18.9 solo 1000, 1oz. #7.5, DRXL-1(lime green), noble sport primer, all in a topgun or "multipurpose" hull. this shell isnt really fast but it will turn a target to dust on impact. Hope i could help. BYG

6. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

I load the same load as shootman does with the exception of the wad. I use a Guliandi 1 oz wad. It shoots real well.

7. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

8. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Mike, PM your email addy and I'll send you a PDF of the 2003 loading manual (or just the Solo portion if you prefer). If has many more loads listed than the current manual, and uses .055" crimps for the data instead of the .080" crimps of the newer manual.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I use 20 gr with the CB Red Eight wad, Cheddite, one ounce 7 1/2's for everything but Caps and Bunker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.