1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need 1 oz load for Green Dot and Fed. primer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FLAKETM, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Anybody got one oz load using Green Dot, AA hulls, and Federal 209 primers? Any wad will be fine. Can't find one in Alliant web site. Thanks.

2. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I used 18.5 grains a few years ago I don't think I ever ran them across a crono or patterned them but I shot lots of them. I used the Win. primer in the AA loads I made, I think I remember they were a bit light the Fed. primer might be better in that load. I remember keeping the powder setting the same for 1 1/8 load I just dialed the bar down to the 1 ounce of lead setting.

I just used it for a light load on the first shot in doubles

Terry.

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I've used 19.5~20 gr of GreenDot in 1 oz loads with all primers, and had great results using Windjammer II wads.

AndyH ;-)

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I found that reduced loads of Green Dot did not burn consistently.. with 1 oz.. I loaded 21 grains with a Winchester primer in a GunClub hull.. There are safe loads up to 23.5 grains.. but at 21 grains.. I had a soft shooting very comfortable load..

5. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I just shot 2 100 target hdcp's with 19.5 grs green dot and the jammer XL-1 one oz wad in a AA hull with F209A primer.Results a 97 and a 98 for 2 yards punch and a crisp 100 dollar bill for winning the second cap.They shoot soft and smash the targets.1235 fps + or - PJ

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

My loading notes show loads from 18.5 to 20.0 grains of Green Dot with the Federal 209A in one ounce loads. The velocities varied from about 1150 up to about 1245, depending on the wad and powder charge. Wads were TGT12, WAA12SL, Jammer Lightning, and Downrange XL-1. Not all of the data was from published sources, but similar loads were listed and these should be within normal pressure limts. If you contact Alliant, they should be able to give you a recommendation. I've used the TGT12, Federal 209A, and 18.5 to 19.1 grains of Green Dot in the STS and AA hulls. 19.1 grains gave about 1200 fps in the AA hulls. I put these loads in the freezer and they performed pretty well when I tried them cold. Lighter loads were a bit more erratic. The Winchester primer needed more powder (about 20.0 grains or more) to stay consistent in my "cold" weather test.

7. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I vote for 20 grains, shoots good and clean, I use an XL-1 wad for singles and short yardage handicap, my favorite load.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.