1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nebraska All State Team

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gasman03, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Does anyone know when this will be out. I can't believe that it takes that long to figure out. But then again there a lot of things goes on at NTA that I don't understand.

Corey

2. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Corey if you are talking about the 2012 State Team, it is posted on the state website.

3. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I am wanting this years. 2013 based on 2012 targets.

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Corey, I've heard they've been selected some time ago, but have not been posted as yet for some reason.

Steve

5. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Corey, please pm me with your name, phone number, & field of expertise. We can always use more help. Thanks

6. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

U mean that you would be open to some good help Doug?

7. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Doug I am not sure if that was a jab or you sincere? From where I'm sitting we got stuff broke and we don't have the rite people in the rite place to fix it!!

Corey

8. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Please Corey continue. Please tell us what's broken and what you can do to fix it. I'm bored and would love to hear what you have to say. But as far as the state team not being on the internet, I believe that is Ray Zellinger's job. If you would like I can personally chew his ass for laying at home and recovering from the stroke he had instead of getting the state team on the internet for you. It reminds me of the kids parents wanting to chew the coaches ass out at summer baseball teams. Us coaches were volunteers and my wife always said, no one should say a word unless they are ready to start coaching. So Corey, I believe Doug is sincere and so am I in asking,what can you do so he can tell you where you can help. As for my self I am not going to do anything, but show up, shoot and go home. I'm not going to help. So to the people that are volunteering, you are doing a great job and thanks. Stan

9. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Corey has a valid question. It has been almost six month's since we shot 2012 targets and no other personel can put this on a website for almost six month's? Just askin....

10. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

This was presented at the annual Jan 5 meeting, not 6 months ago, and had to be voted on. Corey, yes I am sincere & I've got no pm from you yet. Lead Miner you are the kind of help we need!

11. Lead Miner

Doug, count me in. I have no problem stepping up to the plate as you already know. I only wish that others would do the same. I have never turned down helping with shootoffs or anything else. If more of our other members would do the same they would find out that it is very enjoyable and actually very rewarding. I hate it when members think that just because they pay their dues that they can just sit back and wine about things. This forum is not the place to publicly ask about the all state team for example. If it were me I would ask one of my area's reps or call the president or the secretary. In this case i would send Doug Brown a private message amd I am sure he would gladly inform you.

Doug I know that you know that I was being sarcastic in my comment a few posts back but I want everyone else to know that also. I also did not know about Ray and I will be adding him to my prayers. I will also be stepping up to the plate more to help our great state organization. Terry vonSeggern. Aka Leadminer

12. Donm

Donm Active Member

Doug and Terry. I sure am glad that Wis. isn't the only state with some people like gasman. If everyone would step up and do something, anything just think how much easier the BOD would have it. Maybe even get more people to run for the BOD. Think about how much smoother things would run.

Don Mittag
    WTA Director SE Zone

13. perazzidb81

perazzidb81 Member

I would like to let you know Corey does step up and help. He works his ass off at our local clubs scoring, loading traps, filling houses and coaching kids on the local high school team.

14. Lead Miner

My hat off to Corey for doing so. Many times that is a thankless job. Terry

15. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Your friends and neighbors from next door will be looking at changes made to your 2013 state shoot. Good Luck! Many of us would like to attend.

Maltz

16. Lead Miner

Hey Maltz, would you be bringing that Literalist with you. Cuz your kind is very welcome. Terry

17. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Maltz, you may or may not be aware, that due to the generosity and hard work of some people that all new Pat traps have been installed on the state grounds. Now, if we can just get some targets that will break when you hit them; all will be good to go.

You and your friends come and join us for a good time with some good people.

Here's looking forward to seeing you in June.

Steve Elliott

18. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

One time at league, and i mean one time, (when that lazy bas---- kenny was not around)I helped Bill set targets. So I guess I am a good person after all. Stan

19. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Doug PM has been sent with the info you requested.

Stan.. Why is it when a question is asked everyone goes on the defensive rite away? Like I tell my kids if that the case you are either hiding something or guilty of the question asked. I know of Ray but had no idea he fell ill or put up the state team on the web site my prayers go out to him. With that said was his illness before or after the meeting on Jan 5th? I don't believe I ever said someone need their ass chewed but if needed so be it. I have 3 kids in this sport and have for about 7 years. I have been to lots of clubs and lots of shoots in several states and I will help who ever and when ever I can. What really pisses me off is when people start pointing their finger at me without knowing what I stand for. As for what I can do to help the NTA you name it and I can do it. As for what needs fixed is the web site. It is worthless it has 2009 info on it. There is not a dam thing on there about the new PAT traps that were put in and how many $1000's of dollars that has been done to improve. Speaking of the traps I sat beside you at the NTA meeting last year at State and listened to you say how we needed them and good it would be to have them so don't tell me you sit back and don't say anything. If you need anything from me or would like to chat feel free to contact me. 308-379-1429

Don... I would like to thank you for judging my character based on me asking a question. Nice to know there are judgemental people in Wis. just as there are here in Nebraska.

20. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

I think the public meeting is where you should express your or my opinion, not attacking the volunteers on a web sight for the world to see. Your question I think should have been directed to Doug by phone or another director, not here and the question is a good one but I thought (From where I'm sitting we got stuff broke and we don't have the rite people in the rite place to fix it) might be a little strong (since these people are volunteers) and at that point is when I got involved. Because I am sure as I said these people I know would welcome the help. And again my hat goes off to you if you do help, but I'm not going to be one of them. PS no need to get pissed off just call and go fix the web sight or what you are going to do. You will be recognized and I will thank you for it also. I look at people like Dick Mavis and Ed Grubbs who tonight are standing out there with 100 little angles in the cold and the weekends these people give up and Dick was up every morning setting targets at the state shoot, trying to make things work and the weekends they spent out there working on the arms, traps and a lot of people give up there time just awes me. Bill Curtis has run that club for 40 some years and he is another one on the committee, Jim Bradford years and years and personal money spent, too long to talk about these people's accomplishments. One more thing, most of these offices are voted on are unopposed. Stan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.