1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NE Ohio Zone Results?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DanP, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanP

DanP Member

Could someone post the doubles and handicap results for the Ohio NE Zone? Also, the earned yardage would be helpful as well. I left around 3:30 Saturday and neither the doubles nor handicap scores were posted yet. I won't make it back for Sunday, so I can not check them in person.

Thanks,

DanP

2. DanP

DanP Member

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

danp-I shot the 16's Sunday (not real well) and if I remember correctly a 97 or 98 was high on the handicap. Didn't have a dog in that hunt so I didn't look too closely. Sorry I can't give you more info. First set of 16's there were numerous 100's, some 99's and so on...

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i heard there was a problem with the operation of the shoot. what is the real deal?? empty traps on the doubles?? information please. motordoc

5. gridlock

gridlock Member

Dan, I can tell you that Joe Charnego(spelling)had 100 dbls.There were also some 98s,97sand 96s. Caps had 99 high,and several 98s,97sand96s. The 99&98 got 1yd and I think 97&96 got1/2 yd. Singles had a few 100s Not sure if any 200s.

Joe,I would not call it a problem but, just a little slow with classifacation,squading and cashiering.It will all be worked out by the start of the Cardinal Classic.Its a great place to shoot and just going through some growing pains. Missed seeing you there.

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

hey gridlock missed the shoot because a very close friend passed away on tuesday and the funeral was sat morning. Asked to be a pall bearer and COULD NOT REFUSE. You know the drill. be at the state shoot. Joe

7. smp005

smp005 Member

I shot the doubles and caps on Saturday, we were a bit late getting started on doubles but no significant issues that I was aware of.. The target presentations were great and the facilities are absolutely wonderful! The kids checked out the pool Saturday evening and gave it a serious "thumbs up" :) Jack and his staff have done an amazing job with the entire facility.

My daughter, Heather Powell won High Lady (93) on the Handicap and one of our youth shooters, Anthony Fodor won D class Doubles (89), Junior Handicap (94) and D class Singles (195) - he's made the Zone team for singles and doubles (they have all made me a very proud coach!!)

Unfortunately I had to work Sunday so I wasn't there to see all the scores, I know Bill Dixon shot well in doubles but cannot remember any other names off the top of my head...

Scott Powell
    Copley Trap Range

8. DanP

DanP Member

Thank you all for the update.

I would agree, the facilities are wonderful. However, I think that the management of the shoot were very unprepared. I was quite disappointed, as I was looking forward to a good shoot with a large crowd. We had an hour-long line to signup due to squadding. This is not unsual for smaller clubs, but should have been avoided with some planning and/or proper equipment. Also the double and handicap scores were not posted after the event on Saturday (I assume that they were posted on the following day) - so we could not check our scores or confirm shoot-offs.

What concerned me most was some serious safety issues. I witnessed, and stopped our squad, when the trap mechanic came running out from an adjacent trap and under our line of fire during shooting (no flags, both squads shooting). That shook me up quite a bit. The loaders and pullers were also not wearing their safety glasses and ear plugs.

Hopefully, the shoot managment can correct these issues prior to the next shoot, as I think it will be a great place to shoot.

Thanks again for the info.

DanP

9. folothru

folothru Member

i thought it was a lot of fun , good doubles good handicap targets ,good single targets, ...what was a little wait in line didnt seem long to me had a chance to talk to a few friends of mine i made at the last shoot , and other shoots from oh,, wva . time to pay ,, 1 hr didnt seem like enough time

10. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I am such a dumb @zz. I was thinking that the orig. post was questioning the NW zone. My apologies to all including myself!!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

11. smp005

smp005 Member

DanP - I must agree with your observations on shoot operations.. I know the staff was working hard to pull everything together. Aden, Sue and everyone else were working in high gear the entire time. Being a range operator myself - I felt for them!!

The safety issue is definitely a concern and I'm sure will be addressed.. As far as ear & eye protection, while we absolutely mandate both at Copley for all shooters and range staff, I cannot say that it is a mandatory requirement for all ranges, although it should be....

We went down Friday evening so we squadded right as the doors opened but I could see there was going to be a line.. I wrote it off to growing pains...

I led off squad 5 for caps on Saturday - at every trap when I asked to see a target, we had to stop and wait while someone ran down to the house to turn on the trap. Now I don't have a problem with that happening on the first trap when I'm the first squad off in the morning but I expect two things: it shouldn't happen on traps 2,3 and 4 AND if it does, the trap help needs to MAKE HASTE when responding to the problem, not stroll down to the house like it was the boardwalk on the beach - kids.... When we have a problem with a trap at our range, we always show a sense of urgency (RUN) when working to clear up the problem - it's good customer service... Once again, I think we're witnessing growing pains and I am painfully aware that finding and training good trap help on that large a scale is a formidable task!!!

Scott Powell

Copley Trap Range

12. shortshot

shortshot TS Member

Hey Jerry.
    I thought I saw you staring at the TV at Black Wing, Didn't think you drove over to Cardinal and shot again! glad you came....

Joe

13. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

I was there Sunday...they got a LOT bigger crowd than expected. A lot of shooters from out of the NE zone. I think they did well handling a big turnout.

Facility looks great and Mr. Fishburn and staff have really made huge strides since last year.

I have to congratulate George Stamper Sr on his 98 in the handicap on Saturday....he is one of Ohio's true gentleman shooters and a pleasure to have as a friend. Great shooting from this veteran that we all so admire.

Bob T.

14. Sargentyork

Sargentyork TS Member

York send me an e-mail so I have your address JP

15. Jo

Jo TS Member

Results?? Sure would be nice to see the Zone team results. Kudos to Black Wing for getting them posted promptly.

16. DanP

DanP Member

Fellow Ohio NE Zone Shooters,

I received a call from Sue Kauffman this afternoon. She explained the situation with the NE Zone. Apparently the computer being used to run the shoot was an older one and was not up to the task. They had issues connecting it to the printers to get scores posted, due to its age. When they finally did get the system up, a printer connected, and everything loaded, the system locked up at the options stage and they could not rectify. Sue, wanting to make sure that the options were ready for the shooters in the morning, ran home to pickup her own computer and then proceeded to load the scores over night to have them ready for the morning.

Sue indicated that the results should be posted shortly on the web and that the payoffs would be in the mail this week, as she took Monday off to help make sure everything was resolved. Sue also indicated that they were resolving the issue for upcoming shoots. My apologies to Sue and the shoot management if I seemed short, as I did not fully comprehend the situation. Thank you to Sue for all of the extra effort that was put into pulling the shoot off!

The final total was 53 squads on Saturday, a pretty good turn-out overall. I look forward to shooting there again in the near future.

DanP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ohio ne zone 2016 results