1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NE Ohio - SGR ATA Shoots start April 3rd

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chris_H, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Saturday April 3rd will be the first ATA shoot of 2010 at Sportsmen's Gun and Reel Club in Lorain, Ohio. Practice starts at 9 a.m. with the program beginning at 10 a.m. We will be shooting doubles, singles and handicap in that order. Anyone wishing to shoot additional targets may do so if time allows and there are at least three shooters for each additional event. The ATA shoots are under new management as well so we will be as accommodating as we can.

any questions can be directed to my email (listed above) and I will get back with you asap. I can also be reached at the club every Thursday night, Saturday or Sunday.

Chris H.
    SGR Secretary

2. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

to the top, the club is under new and much more friendly managment. They are trying to do the right thing out there these days. ill be there to shoot registered regularly this year (work schedule allowing) for the first time in years. its a nice club in a great location, its not that far of a drive for anyone in northern ohio. come out guys and give the place a shot, it will be a well run shoot and a great time. lets get a big turn out this year

3. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

thanks James. that's what we're hoping for is a good turnout. this year there will be a steak dinner following the May 22nd Honor Shoot and a hog roast July 17th for the trophy shoot.

4. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

also would like to add two of our trap fields now have wireless CVRs. Hopefully our shoots are successful and we will have all four fields equipped with wireless after the state shoot.

-Chris-

5. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

6. Doc G

Doc G Member

Would like to ditto what James said. The new management is working hard and wants to do its best to please the shooters and put on excellent registered shoots. I shoot practice there regularly and the new management is considerably more friendly and responsive to the shooter's needs than the old regime.

I plan to shoot as many registered shoots as my schedule permits and hope to see those of you who may have been turned off by the former management team return and get off to a fresh start with the new folks.

Doug Gormley

7. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

thanks Doug. the weather forecast is favoring us Saturday so hopefully we get a decent turnout to start the new season

-Chris-

8. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

on the handicap we will be playing a progressive 50s option which will only pay out if the 1st, middle, or last 50 are broke. The club is going to start the pots out with $50 in each 50 until the shooters money exceeds this then will take the original start up pot money out. The $150 is not a donation but a start up fund so the first shoot doesn't have $0 in each 50.

-Chris-

9. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

would like to thank everyone who came out to the shoot on Saturday. 7 full squads of singles, 17 doubles shooters and 11 shot handicap. Also want to thank the trap help and everyone who filled in to make this shoot run as smooth as it did.

hope to see everyone April 17th for the next shoot.

-Chris Hevener-

10. trapat

trapat TS Member

Hi Chris and Happy Easter,

I just wanted to thank you and all who helped at yesterdays shoot. It was well run, well attended and a very nice experience overall. I'm looking forward to your next registered shoot on 4-17 and also the upcoming "registered Wednesdays". Keep up the good work and "they will come" Thanks again, Pat Christopher

11. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Sounds great guys. I almost came out Saturday. Todd

12. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

April 17th is the next ATA shoot Todd. You should come up we haven't seen you in a while. I don't know if you'll even recognize me anymore.

-Chris-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.