1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ND Fighting Irish

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Irish Fans have been waiting and suffering since 1988 for a National Champioship caliber team. With their utter domination of Oklahoma last night, they certainly have proven that they can play with the Big Boys. If it doesn't go to their heads, I predict the Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Norte Dame for the National Champoship ! Bear Bryant and Ara Parasigian will be looking down and smiling. Justlike the old days.

blade819

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

They won't convince me till they beat USC, then I can start to believe again. LOL

It has been a long time, beating OK there is a step in the right direction.

Still don't know how they are going to compete when they require that their recruits must actually be college material.

3. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

They were tied late in the 4th. Dominated? Good team. Great defense. So so offense.

Alabama would beat them by 30.

4. bling 27

bling 27 Member

I'll take the Irish and 30 points for $1000 against "Bama .

5. blade819

I believe Oklahoma had the number one defense in the Country? Thirty points and winning by 17 isn't dominating? ND beat the number 8 in the Country. USC lost their second game and won't even be in the top 20 today. ND has only given one rushing TD in their last six games. Hardest schedule in the NCAA. I can make numerous fact related and compelling cases that when the BCS comes out today they'll be ranked right behind Alabama at second place. Also, yes ND has the NCAA's highest graduation rate at 98%. However, I believe that Alabama is the best team in NCAA football. All of this aside, as a struggling ND Fan for my entire life, I'll be happy at even at 10-1 at the end of the season.

blade819

6. beretta1340

beretta1340 TS Member

Don't forget about another team that beat the Sooners.......

Optimus Kline and the Kstate Wildcats!

7. blade819

I stated that at this point in time, Alabama has the best team in NCAA Football. However, don't underestimate the ND defensive line and linebackers. Toughest in football led by a linebacker who may upset the Heisman "QB" cart this year. It would be a great game just like the ones in the late 70's and early 80's. LSU???? Overrated SEC team.

blade819

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Honestly the only thing Irish about the current ND team is they may stop @ McDonalds.

Phil Berkowitz

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

10. Draht Guy

Draht Guy TS Member

Alabama's tough, but I think the rest of the SEC is down compared to the past couple years and Lattimore's injury was one of the worst I've seen in a while.

635G, I don't think there's a lot of Trojans playing for USC or Wildcats playing for K-State either.

11. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Draht Guy,

Regrettably I have to agree with you, my Gators got the crap kicked out of them Saturday, I hatted to see Lattimore get hurt like that

12. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

EMAW !!!