1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NC State Shoot-------100 Years

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ron Burdick, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

I want to give a big well done to the people at the NC State shoot.

It was one of the shoots that you go to that the organizers have a plan and they stick with their plan. The shoot started on time each day. The trap help was superb. The classification went smoothly.

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I'll second that! Went Wed. / Thurs. Good to be shooting again and always nice to attend a well run event!

Scott

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0xOX3st-ycM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. gunner

gunner TS Supporters TS Supporters

So who won the resident HAA and HOA........scoreboard not working for these categories, nor is scoreboard search

5. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

GREAT JOB! to the NC State Crew that ran the shoot. Shoot started on time, lunch and Fish Fry were wonderful and the trap help very well trained.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte, NC

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Great shoot, great people, great southern hospitality---kinda miss shooting in NC

Phil Berkowitz

7. shaggist

shaggist Member

I'll echo the accolades being directed to the 100th Anniversary NC State Shoot held at the NC Homegrounds outside Bostic, NC. Bob and Carolyn Keever and the team they assembled produced a trap shoot that was all you want a shoot to be, and nothing that you didn't want.

All the registration functions went quickly and smoothly. The traps were set perfectly, and checked every day for angles and speed. The scoring personnel were very well trained, and courteous and polite to all. The food caterer did a fine job keeping us fed. There were plenty of rocking chairs on the front porch, and Mother Nature provided the breeze.

There were shooters from many different states attending, with one from far away New Mexico. The competition was fierce, under conditions ranging from rain to mostly sunny. There was, at most, a gentle breeze each day, so wind was never an issue.

I had a marvelous time, arriving on Wednesday morning early, and leaving Sunday afternoon. I would encourage anyone from anywhere to attend next year's shoot. You will have a grand experience.

Jack Young

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Joe. Thanks for the video. FRedman and Mr. Wilson look so distinguished! :eek:) Freddie cleans up well. Great shoot!

blade819

9. larrycrismond

larrycrismond Member

Wow! What a great State Shoot. Everything was A+, management, hospitality, target setting, food, trap help, location, background... I drove over 700 miles to get there and will happily do so to shoot there again. Thanks to all who worked hard to make it so enjoyable. Regards, Larry

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

11. shaggist

shaggist Member

12. JES

JES Member

Great place to shoot, can not say enough about how well it is run and so many fun people!! See you next shoot. Jan

13. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Was that Ron "This Aint No Rinky Dink Deal " Wilson in the TV Interview :) ?

14. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

one more time

Ron Burdick

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Congrats on the milestone! I still miss the Dogwood Open at Pinehurst...

Ed

16. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Mash on the link above for the "Official" scores.....

FRedmon