1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NC Shooter Finley Bristol passes ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bob Schultz, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jan 29, 1998
    Tuxedo NC
    My friend and fellow shooter, Finley Bristol,of Asheville, NC, passed away this morning. He had been fighting lung cancer for about 18 months and the Lord called him home today.

Finley was a constant at the Buncombe County Wildlife Club where he ran the registered shoots for many years. His pleasant demeanor and ready smile were part of the reason for the success of the shoots. He worked the cashier desk, classified and even helped score. He donated paint and supplies for the maintenance of the club.

Finley loved his Rem. 1100's! He always had one in some sort of restoration mode. He did his own stocks and they were sharp looking guns. He was retired from the Sherwin-Williams Paint Co.

He was a frequent visitor to my store and all the guys liked him for his good humor and genuine smile. I'll miss you, Finley. May there be lots of great targets to shoot in heaven.

Bob Schultz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

finley bristol asheville