1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Navy Skeet/Trap Ranges

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by j2jake, Jul 1, 2013.

1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Looking for sheet/trap ranges on Navy Bases.

I'll start by listing NAS Jacksonville. Jake

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Would also be helpful to list the rules to visit the range....

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Put these numbers in Earth Google 24 35 32.82" North 81 41 52.23" West That is in Key West Fl.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Never shot at a Navy facility, although I had the pleasure and honor to shoot at the Ft. Rucker Army reservation outside Enterprise/Daleville, AL 2 years ago...

Had to first visit the Provost Marshal and register my firearms and have them run a background check as well as provide proof of auto insurance. When I did return to the post to shoot, had to show the registration form and insurance card at point of entry... I think they did ask to take a look in my SUV...

Great bunch of folks and a nice Trap/Skeet/5-Stand set-up at Ft. Rucker

Jay

5. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

While not strictly Navy, Buckley AFB has a Naval component aboard and has a trap, skeet, and wobble trap setup. Going through some struggles at the moment because there is a problem of getting Civilian members ID cards for access. Small thing but important. Active, Retired, and Disabled Retired/Disabled Vets and spouses with Federal I.D. no problem.

Don T. littleton CO

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Spitter/Jay, do you go there very often. I go there occasionally when visiting my son in Chipley. I also shoot at Headland where I am a member when I visit my son. Jackie B.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Shot Oceana once but not sure of their status now,...probably closed

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Jack:

I don't get back to Hartford as often as I'd like... Only been the once... but I take a gun with me every trip and try to make time... I've seen the Black's listing for Headland, but never been... don't mind driving, considering it's 900 miles one way to start... lol

Jay

9. 682b

682b Member

Oceana reopened in about 2009. Jim

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

One of the reasons for this post is, the Navy has established a requirement for Liability Insurance at these facilities. Much effort is being expended at the moment in order to meet this requirement. Looking to contact these facilities and see what they are doing to meet the requirement. Jake

11. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

NAS LEMOORE

12. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

NAS Pensacola was shut down years ago. It was over the water and that was the excuse/reason. It went bye-bye when they expanded the golf course. It probably could have been relocated somewhere else on the base.....

Then, we had Whiting Field (an OLF near Pensacola). It was fine until the Terrorist crap-o-la of 9/11. We got past that; then Whiting got some female commander, maybe I should say "Commanderess" and she decided that shot was raining down on the picnic area. Since WW-II shot has not rained down on the picnic area but now, all of a sudden, it was raining down on the picnic area. Well, that was the end of Whiting field.....

I don't live in the Pensacola area anymore; maybe Whiting has reopened???? (I wish.)

Mike

13. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

NAS Pt Mugu Closed their range.Wanted shot curtains installed.

14. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Used to be nice skeet range at the base in Millington, Tn. A few years ago they had the misfortune to have a gun hating, dike female transfer in as the Base Commanding Officer. She closed the skeet and pistol range down immediately after her change of command ceremony.

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The best of them all was Miramar in San Diego. But, forever gone, Thanks to the Marine Corps.

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

17. Bentley998

Bentley998 Member

Oceana going strong as ever - shot five-stand there last week - wanted to go today but wx interfered- will probably shoot tomorrow and Sunday