1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Navy Seals face courts-martial

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by jimrich60, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Unbelievable. Three navy seal heroes face court-martial after capturing the Al-Qaeda leader who murdered four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004.
    The Al-Qaeda leader had a bloody lip when he was arrested

Political correctness gone mad. This is absolutely insane!

Jim R
    Major, Retired

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

What do you expect from leadership that holds the military in disdain more than slick willie

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If I had anything to do with it, they would have had one hell of a time finding a pulse let alone a bloody lip!

ss

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

There are so many "cannot believe" features to this travesty, but one that strikes me hard, how many of our talented young men are anxious to sign up for special forces in any branch of the military, when this is the treatment they can expect.

Somehow, our leaders have lost all focus this is a war. We are fighting it like Vietnam, being politically sensitive to those who would kill our way of life, and us for that matter.

My vote was and continues to be bust out the B52's that were fitted for napalm and light up the Pakistan mountains until one Osama Bin Laden is extra crispy with a side of bacon.

As for the bloody lip, and poor start to what really should happen.

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I vote for a blanket party for the political jerks that would prosecute these soldiers. We could sell tickets, like 3 punches for $5.00 with the proceeds going to the soldiers.

6. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

Do not forget there is an admiral somewhere that approved this court martial. He has political aspirations even if it is just for another star or he would have shown a brass pair and said NO. He is willing to sacrifice heroes to get his next star. Unfortunately, the general officer selection process is a congressional issue.

I am having a hard time convincing myself that I want to stay thru 21 years active when I could retire next summer. If I knew that someone I could respect was going to sign my presidential retirement letter I would stay past 2012. As it is I am afraid an illegal might be signing them.

7. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Jagrdawger -- you are spot on. Whoever signed off on that court martial should be publicly shamed. As far as Nobama - what else would we expect from him

8. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Jagrdawgr: I dis agree Congress let journalists in to the fights without sensoring what they send out. This is war not a trap line were a bird fly's early you complain. This is life drag your feet hope only you are dead not many of your buddies. If you have never been there than you don't have a clue! These troops have split seconds to decide their life and their fellow soldiers, it is war. Our military is not set up or able to be a police force the way they are judged. Our military should be judged by are military not civilians who don't have a clue whats going on. You make a mistake as a civilian lose money or your job. Make a mistake as a sholdier get killed or worse yet watch your buddy die for your mistake. WWII vet's still carry problems from over 50 years my dad is one every time their is a loud noise he jumps, and has never talked about his 2 years of fighting, including the battle of the bulge. I've servered over 22 years ARMY been shot at but never served in the box at least when they called it the box. If you have never been there don't ever try to judge someones actions while there.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Maybe they can give them a civilian trial in New York.

HM

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

The terrorist handbook now tells them when captured to claim mistreatment and assault. The brass will take the word of the terrorist over the soldier as they have in this case. It's a shame.

"That Police Officer hit me" Lee Harvey Oswald

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

And does anyone really think these guys had a chance of standing Admirals Mast? They had no real choice.

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Why is the name of the J/A that pursued the charges being kept a secret?

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Gotta love a bunch of squids!!

Curt

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

What a crock! What is the incentaive for anyone to be seal and protect their country? Vote the ba--ards out!

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

What do they expect the seals to do. Serve him a drink with finger food and a three couse meal. Give him a foot rub? I agree with who ever said he's lucky it was only a bloody lip. Hell its war.

16. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

Very sad that things have come to this. They would have been in less trouble if they would have just killed the S O B. I think one of the four men MURDERED was a former Seal himself. I heard lots of talk about this on the radio today, not one person is blaming these 3 Seals

Hats off the these men, We support you in every way.

17. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Pure PC bullshit.

What would Obama do if every military person gave him the one finger salute and left the service?? It isn't going to happen but what if??

Don

19. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

My overall reaction is disbelief and disgust. However after sitting just for minute and thinking about this.

I do realize that there are times when it is wrong to abuse someone already in custody, and if you abuse them it is a violation of the UCMJ and that is what differentiates us from most of the world, our recognition of prisoner rights.

If you remember the seal team where all but one died when they let those sheep herders go rather than kill them. I think the mistake there was that there were several other options available to the team, rather than kill or let the sheephearders go and those options may have been clouded by the mist of combat.

Having said that, all 3 are fighting this so I doubt this is an open and shut case by any means and doubt that they are guilty of anything- but I dont have the details

I do think that the prosecution and or article 32 investigating officer- must have found a base level of facts on which to sustain these charges before any commander would sign off on them.

If there is any good part of this- its the fact that our military is subject to very strict rules enforced by military leaders themselves.

20. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The opening post didn't say that he got a bloody lip before or after the arrest. I say he got it before or while being arrested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.