1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

National Trapshooting Day @ Mpls Gun Club Sept 20

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pride Engineer, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Looking at the weather forcaste I see that it's supposed to be nice. That would mean that maybe Ithacagrade$$$$ might shoot his wall decorator this time. That would be nice. At Winona this last Saturday he wouldn't take it out of the case cause there was mist in the air!!!!! Course, the way he shot his Beretta replacement, he probably would have been embarrassed to shoot the wall hanger and record the low scores he had. The poor man couldn't hit singles, handicap, or doubles. Makes one wonder how he could be high gun at Mpls Gun Club summer league. Maybe those rumore about him shooting his league scores all by himself were true.

2. Charlie Leavitt

Charlie Leavitt TS Member

We all saw Jim break his targets. He went week after week without a miss. The gentleman who finished second? I don't recall seeing him all summer.

3. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim...

You are slipping buddy... Well, at least your marketing is slipping... Where is the picture of the burger? Endorsed by my child #2 as "the best burger in the whole world"... That may be a bit of an exaggeration, but doggone good just the same.... What are the times of the events? That same kid has football on Saturday morning, and since you are on the Iowa border... I am wondering about timing the two...

If I can't get down there, I hope you guys have a great shoot...

LWL

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

With burgers like this and the way the weather is supposed to be this weekend, don't miss your last chance to shoot registered in Minnesota at a great club, with a great day, with great food, and a well run shoot. With the weather that is expected, it will be our chance to see the Great Ithaca$$$$$Grade shoot his wall hanger. This alone would be worth the trip to the club.

See Ya there!!!

Mark Zauhar

5. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Up once for the great burgers.

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

MIA, what are you in the market for?

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

MIA, I suggest you take a good look at Ithaca$$$$$Grade's Bowen. Of course you will have to sell it to a fair weather shooter who likes to shoot 35 mph singles targets. It will also have to be someone who doesn't care if he ever shoots a hundred straight with it. But I'm sure you can find another Polak with the cash. Apparently Jim is unhappy with Bruce because he didn't sell him a the right gun. Jim thinks his gun to be went to Dusty Klein.

8. guido

guido Member

Will there be any breakfast?

Guido

9. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Jim.

You were already in the meeting when we finished. Thanks for everything. As always, a very well run shoot. Everything was terrific. Kudos to all!

Bob

10. guido

guido Member

We had a great day, outstanding weather, beautiful club. We will try to get back again sometime.

Thanks to all,

Guido & Bob

11. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

It was a great shoot. Targets were perfect, food was great, trap help did a super job, and even the last of the great polaks contributed. He did not uncase the wall hanger though. It seems there was a rumor that a cloud would appear in the sky some where to the east and of course we can't get a drop of even spit on a wall hanger. He did, however, bring out his trusty back up and carded a score in the mid 80's in the caps.

After the shoot was over, I took the poor polak out for dinner. Never seen anybody eat like that before. After cleaning his plate and the remains from mine, he polished off a huge desert. I guess maybe it's his way of attempting to forget how much he has invested in a singles gun that only gets off the wall on cloudless days.

12. Charlie Leavitt

Charlie Leavitt TS Member

Jim,
    Minneapolis Gun Club's National Trapshooting Day was the best shoot I've ever attended. Your great efforts and attention to detail were noticed and appreciated by all. The Club looked great. We all appreciate your hard work and leadership.
    Charlie

13. dward

dward Member

Sorry I missed the shoot, but I was on my annual elk hunting trek to the mountains of Idaho. We shot two nice bulls and I actually passed on a smaller bull knowing the freezer had plenty of meat. Weather was very warm and dry, which was true back home for the shoot. I felt pretty good about our success as we were the only group I heard of in our area to shoot any elk, as the numbers are down due to the wonderful reintroduction of the timberwolves to the area.

Sounds like Jimbo did a great job as usual and old Pride still appears to be wearing his spurs. I did confirm with Mr. Sletta that "W" does come before "Z" in something other than the alphabet. Good job in the league Jim!!

I'm fairly certain that LWL didn't make it down as rumor has it the evil doctor had him doing chores around the house.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the Jackpots....

Big (probably forgot how to shoot) Dan

14. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I was down at Wenigs yesterday and had a couple of stocks made. It was interesting that the owner of the BB gun asked me to haul down some wood parts off his Beretta to have refinished. Guess he plans on hanging it on the wall too right next to the BB gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.