1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

National Trapshooting Day-9/22- Mpls Gun Club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ertz, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ertz

Ertz Member

Where is Denny when you need him? OK, I will fill both his role and the answer man role.

Is this a registered shoot? Yes, ATA RULES WILL GOVERN THIS SHOOT.

Will there be food? Yes! Burgers, fries, onion rings, chili dogs, and more!

Where are you located? Why just go to the link in Jim's post and press the map button.

Can anyone attend? Anyone who is a member of the ATA; even the Iowegiens!

Can I shoot my doubles while I am shooting my Singles? While the posting says you can shoot the doubles anytime we do recommend shooting one event at a time.

I have it on good authority that Charlie L. has purchased a brand new Perazzi radar gun just for this event. He donated it to MGC once he realized he couldn't shoot it worth a darn.

2. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

The rumors are true, the MTA President with his newly installed robo knee will be there. Probably won't be shooting yet though so that means that maybe Jim W and his Bowen have a chance to win something.

These guys work hard to do a good job. The weather is supposed to be great so come on out and enjoy.

Mark Zauhar

3. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Well now... If Jim is shooting, you can pretty much bet on garbage can lid sized targets.... The food is awfully good too...

Jim are you still shooting that Bowen???? It's just too pretty to spend time in the safe....

LWL

4. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

The Lit won't come. He would be exposed for the phoney he is. He can't shoot, hell, he barely can walk and chew gum at the same time. I'm sure he's become an Ozark hillbilly by now. Barefoot, pipe smoking hick.

Maybe pissing him off will get him there!

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Lit, we had over twice as many shooters as last year for this event. We ran the clock right up to the last seconds that our Conditional Use Permit would allow. The weather was as good as I've seen for a shoot at Mpls. Gun Club. this time of year.

Glen Lonnneman and "Hot Lips" Demulling had 100's in singles. Cheryl shot pretty good too. There were 4 94's in handicap...I'll have to get the names, I know Duane Sogge had one of them. Tom Townsend had a 97 in doubles for high score. Ron was borrowing triggers from everybody to try and find the right one. Mark Z showed up critiquing everybody's hits, but didn't fire a shot, and walked around saying he won the "Handsome Man" contest. Go figure.

We had a bunch of compliments and a couple grumblings but overall it was a great day, and a great shoot. Wish you coulda been here. I'll get the scores posted at the Mpls. site and Ron's MTA site.

Jim W

6. dward

dward Member

Sorry I missed the shoot but I just got back from our annual elk hunting trip to Idaho. We ended up getting a couple elk but holy cow have the timberwolves taken over out there. Glad to hear all had a good time, and sorry to hear old Z is in such tough shape. I know W did a great job on organizing the shoot - we're lucky to have him!!!! And Lit - like I've always said - you can check out but you can never leave!!!

Big Dan

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Now thats a club house, do they rent out rooms for the shoots ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Zardoz, yes, Cheryl is "Hot Lips", Jerry is "Sweet Cheeks". And that is a very nice picture of the family in Trap & Field. A very deserving couple to be in the Wisc. Hall of Fame. They are an asset to the Trapshooting Community.

Big Dan, you weren't there, LWL wasn't there, and the door was left open for bigger scores in handicap. More than a few wanted " that one target over".

WPT, you can visit anytime, hell, I'll work out a timeshare swap with you.

Jim W

9. jpkuhko

jpkuhko TS Member

All I can say is they did a great job on the shoot. Wish I could have hit one or two more but it was a nice day and good targets. Thanks JPK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.