1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***National Trap Shooting Day At Mpls Gun Club***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pride Engineer, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Mpls Gun Club will be holding their annual National Trap Shooting Event on September 25th. We will draw the winner of the Blaser Combo Gun raffled to benefit the Minnesota Youth Shooting program. I plan to be there and personally draw the winning ticket. Come on out and enjoy a great day of shooting and watch me pull the winner.

Mark Zauhar

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Then...

<a href="http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/palletjack_2006/?action=view&current=thumbnailaspx.jpg" target="_blank"> thumbnailaspx.jpg </a>

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Lit, maybe you should come up for this one. In case you don't remember, you actually bought one of these tickets. I want you to know I followed your instructions exactly when I filled it out for you. I folded it four ways and dipped it in glue so it would be sticky. Maybe my fingers will find it when I search through the box for the winner.

Mark Zauhar

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Oh Denny is going to have a big horseshoe in his.....lets say....backpocket...to win the combo. And the big question is....would he use it??? Rumor is he bought a bunch of shells but does he remember "brass to the back?"

It will be a good day, celebrate National Trapshooting Day, shoot some targets and pull the lucky winner for the Blaser Combo.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

5. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

What would the Lit do with a new gun???? He does't shoot the two he has now, at least very well anyway. Besides, it would not be right to allow some one who shoots a Remington 1100 to hold a fine example of German craftsmanship like the Blaser.

6. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

I'll have you know, I am shooting a very fine, terribly expensive combo. This gun has wonderful engraving and has an estimated retail price of nearly $30,000. I, however, found a bargain, obviously it was mis-priced.

It's one of those Etchen 687 combos. :)

I bought it about a month before I quit shooting. I shoot it so well, I feel guilty returning to the traps. I mean, Leo so likes to be Missouri's top dog. I'm sure he'll be disheartened.

And the other state shoots...well, let's just say other shooters would be foolish and wasting their money if they plan on winning any out-of-state trophies.

It's one thing to be the most handsome trapshooter...also being the best shot is something I'll deal with.

As for the gun I'm going to win, I'll probably sell it and donate the $400 to the Barney Frank campaign. He's Gay Pride Engineer's favorite politician, so I want him to be happy, too.

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I hear California is close to legalizing pot. After reading the Lit's delusionary comments, they must be following Missouri's lead.

8. razor

razor TS Member

you can all stop right there as i already talked to mark at iowa state. the gun is mine and thats bible end of story. razor

9. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

New development, my special needs daughter Lindsay will be the one drawing the ticket. I think she may be open to bribes. For those of you who know her, a bunch of tree frogs might get you the Blaser.

10. sle081

sle081 Member

2 frogs,3 gekos,2 butterflies,a bag of small crickets,and a gift certificate for Codys roadhouse and the Blaser will be living in Duluth!! She allways did like me better than the Piddler anyway

DOG

11. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

I'm so happy that Lindsay will be drawing. It gives shooters a much better chance of winning. You can bet that Mark would have drawn some Billy Beefcake or Damien LaBlanche, or Brucie (one of the husky fellows he meets up with in his travels)

At least Lindsay can be trusted. By the way, I bought her ice cream at the last shoot we were at together.

'Course, I figured it was only right since I stole about half of the beer from Mark's motorhome the night before.

By the way, That's one thing I look forward to upon my return: Gay Pride beer theft. I still recall my last heist at the Grand. I was staying with Doubles Boy and we ran out of brew. "No problem," says I. "Mark's right across the road." Eric was a nervous wreck despite my assurances of a clean getaway. Wouldn't ya know, just as we staggered back across the road, arms heavy laden with brews, up roars Mark. Eric froze...I nodded politely.

He just muttered, "I shoulda damned known."

Heh. And it was a lot better stuff than we'd been drinking.

12. JACK

Lit... "I shoulda damned known"... exactly how he talks.

Bless he and Lindsay... Both my heroes.

13. razor

razor TS Member

as i recalled i think ellie caught alot of flies to feed those frogs for lindsay. plus my homemade ice cream. oh! did i say homemade like my mothers old fashion recipe, hand turn with love until firm and served up with hot chocolate sauce. plus my wife just informed me that lindsay & her had to have a girl to girl talk about men since the man in her life [her father] was not getting alone during the 2nd heartland grand. p.s. i will send you all pictures of my new blaser after lindsay & i finish our icecream. razor & ellie

14. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Yes sir, tickets are required and the last one was sold some time ago. I just want everyone to know Lindsay has about 15 tree frogs and one Florida lizard to feed. Ice cream might be a winner though.

Denny is right about the beer, those two cleaned me out. I guess when you are tight as the Lit you don't get to drink good stuff very often. How tight is the Lit??? Well, the story is if you put a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'll have a diamond. Now that's tight!! Of course, maybe that's why some of the very friends he try's to attribute to me appreciate him so much.

I suppose we'll have to explain that one to Jimmy Bowen too. Sheese, it took me three trys to explain to him what HGH is.

Whoever the winner is, they'll be shooting better right after they switch to the Blaser.

15. JACK

Wow! talk about a "diamond-in-the-rough"

16. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Yes MIA, The Lit has quite a reputation here in Minnesota. So much so he was forced to move to Missouri. I once asked him, why Missouri? The Lit responded with, "cause Iowa did not want me either." Apparently the Lit spent time there as well where rumor has it his "friends" walked on four legs. I guess Missouri has looser laws govening his kind of recreation.

I've been told he hangs out in the ozarks hoping to find his version of "Deliverance."

Enough about the Lit though. Lindsay is practicing drawing tickets. You know some special needs people have special gifts. She seems to be able to read with her finger tips. Now I'm working on her spelling. If I can just get her to beable to spell Walkowiak, I can pretty much insure Jimmy Bowen remains handicapped with his two Bowen guns.

17. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Handicaped?????..........NOT!!!!

You guys keep yakking. You seem to forget...Who's club is it??...Who's in charge of flipping the coin??? Oh yeah, we're going to flip a coin for the winning ticket!!! Who,over the many years has funded Lindsay, on the QT, with her beautiful art projects???? Who won the "random" $100.00 bill drawing a couple weeks ago???? :>)

I'm a feeling really LUCKY.

We're hoping for a bright, sunny, light winds day on the 25th. National Trapshooting Day at MGC.....and the long awaited drawing for the Blaser Combo.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Blaser Bowen.....dosen't that sound nice?

18. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Sorry Zardo, her fingers will never be able spell Zardozforty. Walkowiak either. Why do I know this? The sheet I gave her of the "right" names did not include those two.

Jimmy, your famous coin was borrowed and used to buy me a coke. Good luck getting it back out of the pop machine.

19. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Hi Mark,

Are all the tickets sold or are some left

I think I am too late, but wondering.

Birddog.

20. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

PREZ- I have to hand it to you. The lump of coal statement made me spit my coffee all over the keyboard and monitor. You guys at the MN Gun Club know how to have fun. Wish I was closer and I would come to some of those shoots, they sound like fun.

As for me I never give bribes, I just take them, like Jimmy Bowen's lovely bride and her phenomenal cakes. This year's Grand Cake may have been her best ever. So I guess I am out of luck when it comes to the drawing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.