1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

National Shotgun Coach Erickson dismissed???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by crusha, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Mike Hampton?

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

So was the ATA, when he was at NSSA...

3. Chris Dunlap

Chris Dunlap TS Member

Former Olympian Todd Graves has assumed the role of the interim coach. The move happened several weeks ago. Todd lives around the corner from me and is a first rate guy and a hell of a coach and shooter. He assists when he is available with our local high school shotgun team.

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Man What Happened? Did he break political correctness??!! I met Todd when we used to shoot Bunker competition at Ft. Benning. He is a great guy and a good fit. He will do them a good job. When you find out what happened, let us know!

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The USOC is a very strange organization. Their way or the highway, usually.

6. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

Some of us close to the situation don't even know the entire story.

In the meantime, there is probably no one more qualified to lead our team in London than Todd. He has a talented and probably more importantly, an extremely experienced team over there that should expand on Kim's early dominance. I competed in Beijing under Lloyd Woodhouse, not Bret. Erickson was the coach after Mark Weeks stepped down following the 2009 target year.

Jeff Holguin

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why is it important?? Why does it have to be a public issue??

Don

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

1) Because we are nosey

2) Many of us give money to USA Shooting. While that does not afford us the right to know, many think it does.

Thanks, Jeff, for posting.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    People donating money to an organisation have no right to know what is being done with their money?

So someone donating to, say, HSUS, has no right to know that some of the money is going to anti-hunting efforts?

10. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Brian -- nope -- you may have a concern to know where the money is going to be spent, but a "right to know". Maybe something is different up in Oregon...

Besides, if it is a 501 (c) 3, finding that info is not that hard.

Personnel decision and day to day operations are not an open book to donors.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That tells me they neither want nor deserve my donation.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true Texan.

Don

13. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

In the search for funding the USA Olympic group promote themselves as "your organization, for the good of the USA, everyones team" and so forth. That is the big sell. Like most other organizations once the dollars are obtained the curtain falls and the doors close. Gee, I guess its much like the US Government and taxes.
    I agree with you Brian.... If they ask for money and support there is a responsibility to be open. But I guess things are viewed differently in parts of Oregon anyway...... Larry

14. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Thought ever occur that some things could be embarrassing to individuals. I'm with BigDon, non of my business and I can continue to donate as I may wish at the time.

15. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I don't know how Mitt Rommney and his tax returns got in on the conversation, but he has no reason to release any more returns. No more Democrat talking point postings, please...

16. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

According to USA Shooting's pecking order, Brett reported directly to Bob Mitchell who, in turn on roughly a quarterly basis reported to USA Shooting's Board of Directors chaired by Gary Anderson.

For whatever reasons - maybe Brett's personal decision - Bob would have the story.

Hank Cross

17. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

There is a certain level of transparency that is expected when one donates money for a cause. Years ago a major funding charity was outed for cheating on its donation distribution and payroll. Cost the charity billions in donations.

If there are discrepancies in the Olympic shooting sport programs, simply withhold your donations. Message delivered. Fred

18. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Exactly Fred... I just get riled up when people state that they have a "right" to have this information. They don't. Now, if you choose to no longer donate because of how the organization acts, that is your "right".

19. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

I wonder if anyone is going to give Erickson any credit for the success we've seen so far in the Olympics?

Sure, Rhode and Hancock are super human and would probably win gold with my grandmother coaching them.....but hey....let's give Bret some thanks for 2 gold medals in shotgun this far in London.

20. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Sportshot, all I will say is that the facts as you've presented them here are inaccurate. I'm not going to say I come close to knowing the entire story, but just enough to say those who do know have clearly decided not to publish it here. Just my OPINION, but it is likely that those concerned are currently a little busy in London. And before you decide that privacy has no place here, question who will be hurt by this. It likely will be someone who doesn't deserve it.

Harold Hitchcock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

brett erickson shotgun