1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

National Shooting Complex (vendors row) SA, TX

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Hessong* (MH*), Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Been meaning to start a thread on here about all of the great vendors that were set-up during the National Sporting Clays Championships just recently at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, Texas. All of the permanent building vendors were there, as well as portable set-ups on both ends of the Complex. The NSCA championships drew almost 1,800 competitors, and I went up to do a little practice shooting as well as some shopping for some shooting items I was in need of.

Had dealings with Robert and Mary Paxton of Paxton Arms (super folks to deal with), and Ken Rucker of SpeedBump Stockworks (one of my favorite "go-to" guys for anything to do with one of my gunstocks). He was booked solid over the course of the shoot, and couldn't take any more work due to time limits of those folks from out-of-town, but he still had time to hear what I need to make a new gun stock "just right" after dropping it off for him to do (when he catches up with his other work).

Always like going by and visiting with the fines folks from Krieghoff International, as well as so many other vendors I have become acquainted with over the years. Saw lots of them at the World Skeet Shoot just a few weeks before the sporting clays event, but so many more vendors for the SC's shoot.

Looked again at the new Butler semi-automatic shotgun, still impressed by all of the technology involved in it's construction, and loved the beautiful works of art at the Connecticut Valley trailer on the far east end of the vendors row.

For those who have never made it to San Antonio and the Complex for ANY kind of shotgun event, I hope y'all can work it into your schedule sometime in the near future. I think it will be worth your time.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

2. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Mike: thanks for visiting Vendor row - myself and all the Vendors appreciate it. It is not cheap or easy to "bring the store" to shooters like we do. Some once or twice a year others on an almost weekly basis. It is a real shame that we can't draw more vendors for the SW Grand in April. Most the building lessees tell me it's just not worth the travel and expense for the sales they see. The venue management could also assist in some manner but I'm not sure how. For the SW Grand we can't even get any of the major companies like Federal, Winchester, Beretta, etc to show. Rucker, myself, Trainer Hale, ClayShooters, SGS and Perazzi most years are about all that are open. See you all somewhere. Doug Gray

3. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I think Ken Rucker of SpeedBump Stockworks almost fainted when he saw me at a sporting clays shoot. I spent almost $1,000 on Vender row and looked at items that may cost me much more in the next weeks. Thank you to all who were there. AJ

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Andy, you're right it was a shock but it was good to see you and meet your wife. Mike, your visits are always welcome and we finally got to meet your wife this year as well! As Doug said, we would like to see more vendors attend the SWG and other shoots at the Complex, too. It's easy for us (we're permanently located in our shop on vendors row full time), but I still remember what it's like to have to travel to every shoot and appreciate how difficult it is to do. Carolyn and I look forward to serving all our customers both old and new from our shop at the Complex.

Ken and Carolyn Rucker .....Speedbump Stockworks

5. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

I'm really surpised that Mike didn't include some pictures of vendors row with all the doors open. Somthing we'd like to see at the SWG.

If you havent voted yet, get to it.

Bob

6. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

texaszephyr (Bob),

I "would" have done that very thing, but the one day I was up there, the weather was so bad, I really didn't want to get my good camera out in it !!! Sorry about that, I will have to post some shots of the Complex and the vendor booths in another thread when I get some goods ones taken.

Sorry I forgot to mention Trainer Hale Supply and Gray's Gun Cache as some of the other fine spots to stop along Vendor Row. Doug has set-up a nice place in the permanent buildings now, and Vernon is a long-time friend of mine, and his place over in Marion, was one of the original spots to shoot some of our "South Texas Fun Shoots". Some really good shooters come from his club !

Y'all have a great day, Mike* (MH*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
national shooting complex
national sporting clays complex san antonio vendors
vendor row national shooting complex

vendors at national shooting complex

vendors at san antiono shooting complex
vendors at the san antonio shooting complex
vendors row national shooting complex