1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

National Pubilc Radio...women and guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Has anyone read Luara Browder's book?: Her Best Shot

I'm curious about it. I think I might buy it just to see what she has to say.

2. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

It does sound to me to be more a scholarly history of gun use by American women, with maybe little or no modern interest? Phil E

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I listened to the interview. She is definitely NOT a shooter. But I think I will buy it so I can see what is her spin on the subject. It would be good to stay informed of what is going on in the media regarding women and guns.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Pro-gun...but not a shooter? It occurs to me that there are people in the world who specialize at turning their Master's Thesis into a career.

Sounds like this book was her way of getting an invite onto the lecture and speakers' panel circuit. Don't laugh - she was on NPR, wasn't she? Catchy title that allows her to tap the leftist "Womens' Studies" and right-wing gun nut markets with one swoop.

Intriguing...but sorry. I don't pay $30 to read somebody's term paper.

Devi - before you buy, might I suggest that the local Borders and Barnes & Noble have some _very_, ahem, comfortable chairs? They have saved me from several potentially expensive mistakes. And you can have a hazelnut latte while you peruse.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have a friend who is an NRA member, but who owns no guns. He just got miffed the day Clinton signed the '94 semi-auto ban and joined up.

6. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

curvy i'll buy the book and read it but there will be long strings attached to the deal. ok. jackmitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.