1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

National petition to drill oil in the US

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dove Commander, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Go to American Solutions.com and vote to allow drilling in the US for oil. Read the info on the site.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

And get the ball rolling on opening up your oil shale resources....then the idiot US mayors that want to boycott Alberta tar sands crude (and instead buy more from the Arabs?, Nigerians?, Libya?, Russia?, China?,Chavez?)can boycott thier own!!!!

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

it wont do any good. people are buying oil behind computer screens, making a false demand, if you would of bought oil at 90.00 a barrel and sold today look where your profit would be..... supply vs demand or is that fake demand???

bill

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I just went through an area in Wyoming with all kinds of new well equipment, and they were all turned off.

I think we have been had.

HM

7. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I just sent this web address to everyone in my email address book.
    Thanks for posting and I hope it helps.

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Its naive to think the liberals care what the majority of people think. They are smart and we are dumb and must be taken care of...

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Make a 55 mph speed limit mandatory and save a 15-20% fuel/oil usage.

Curt

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Try slowing these idiots down 55 what. I would have to get up earlier dude. Also here in mass during peak drive times luck to go much over 40 for a few miles. I laugh when people say they have "highway miles" on their car. I guess that ment something at one time. Its stop and go all over this area. Also the same companys drilling and processing would just be doing it here and tell me why in a capital market they would sell for less???? Rumor has it we buy 80% of our oil from canada. Why doesnt canada drop their prices to the point where we by all our oil from them. Better yet why dont we demand free oil in exchange for defending them? I have heard that we pay for 70% of their defense budget????

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

We're paying over $5/gallon for gasoline up here in Alberta....and I paid almost $10/gallon in Germany last month.

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Maybe a better petition would be one to change the block-heads in Washington D.C.? Hap

13. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Want to stop the oil futures market from busting your wallet? Simple, make those who purchase the oil take possession of it! You buy it, store it and then resell at what the market bears. Won't happen though, big business is playing a massive shell game and we are the chumps paying for it. JMHO. Jake

14. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Jake, You got that right!!

The specs are "buying" oil that's still in the ground, with out the need to pay until it's pumped. THEN, turning around and selling it to the next fool, for a profit, and it's still not pumped from the ground. It's my understanding that the second speculator only needs to pay the difference between what the first spec paid and what the selling price is, not on the full actual price of the bbl of oil.

15. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Drilling here would help take the pressure off somewhat and ease the supply/demand pressure to some extent. Lowering speed limits etc. is BOGUS because the gas saved will not sold at any reduction in .The only way to ease the price is increase SUPPLY. Also put the caps back on non petrolem speculators. In the past if you weren't an oil company with the means to store and tranfer oil, you couldn't speculate on it. At ANY rate we need to have a` system in place to ease foreign dependence on oil. The tree huggers and liberal dirt bags couldn't care less about this countries security' but if we don't become oil independent(and we DO have the means to do so) we will soon be in a real pickle!

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Drill here, refine here, sell and use it here. No speculators, no exports, foreign interests or imports allowed. No problem with weak dollars vs Euro issues. Speculators can still play in foreign markets and the rest of the oil rich countries can go suck wind. We wouldn't need their oil and we wouldn't be going bankrupt buying it. We buy almost a Trillion dollars worth of foreign oil each year. How long can we maintain that level of purchasing without serious implications?

We still need to look at alternative energy sources and conservation, but it would start to ease the pressure on oil supply within 5 years or less and we could be energy independant in less than a decade.

Here is the proper url to the survey/petition: http://www.americansolutions.com/

17. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.