1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NATIONAL LOTTERY

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WS-1, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Please share your thoughts on the assets and liabilities of a National Lottery?

Thank you.

2. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

The Lottery: a tax on people who flunked math in high school.

Even the famous gangster Myer Lansky knew that the odds were in his favor. He insisted that all his tables and dealers were straight because the math said he would eventually come out on top. When gangsters are endorsing something, I figure something isn't right.

Now for this cast; is there any difference between politicians and gangsters?

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Perhaps I should have posed the question this way...Y'all got any opinions about a National Lottery?

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm pretty confident the government would lose money on it.

-Gary

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I expected you guys to take this thread a whole lot more seriously. Given the strong probability that a National Lottery would generate a huge revenue stream, I thought many of you would be submitting proposals for funding programs which could make us a strong nation again. I was thinking that it would be a really neat idea to use the money to build new, state-of-the-art Homeless Shelters in all the major metropolitan areas. Or maybe some REALLY clean abortion clinics. Or maybe ESL Universities. Whaddaya think?

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

That idea is almost as good as borrowing a whole lot of money so we can spend our way to prosperity.

HM

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Gosh, there sure are a lot of negative waves floating around out there. I was thinking that all the guys hanging out beside the 7-11s(you know, the ones with the really runny noses)would start "investing" in tickets instead of their noses, and that one of them would ultimately hit the "Big One" and he would go straight, and after he cleaned up real good he would, like, go back to the block and "save" some of his less fortunate brethren, and they would form a, uh, corporation(and I mean that in the truest sense) and together they would clean up all the broken glass and buzzard's puke in Philadelphia, and then, like, there would be "Flowers in her hair." I'm I missing something, here?

I want a NATIONAL LOTTERY and I want the revenues to build really bitchin' tat parlors on every block. Am I talking jobs, or what?

8. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

WS-1, you forgot to start that last post with "Once upon a time".

9. GI

GI Member

Remember, the Government didn't do such a hot job managing a bordello in Nevada. I think it went out of business! Ironic isn't it?

10. oz

oz Active Member

we have one it's called the irs. oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.