1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

National Health Care Bill

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Nuts, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

I think many people are going to be surprised with what the passage of the health bill is going to mean to them.

those who can't afford it now, will be forced to buy it, or be fined.
    those who have it now will see their premiums increase
    those who provide retirees with prescription benefits will be fined for doing so.

the bill does nothing to decrease costs

this is a diaster of epic proportions, which was acheived by bribery.

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Some of the crap doesn't go into effect until after the 2012 election.
    Gee, I wonder why they did that? This is another entitlement program to
    give free stuff to the people that contribute nothing to society at the
    expense of those that do contribute. This is gonna cost us a ton down the road. Vote them all out ASAP. JMO Colonel

3. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

I just sent an email to both of our Senators here in Oregon and told them they should be ashamed of themselves for not listening to their constituents. I emailed them both almost every day asking them to not vote "Yes" on this bill. And I know many many others contacted their Senators too. But the Democrats completely ignored me and the majority of the people they represent. We need to replace every singe one of them.

I think the following quote is applicable here because we need to stand up and stop this and stop them some how, some way.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and women) to do nothing."
    - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Beth
    Shooters Emporium

4. DocJim

DocJim Member

The voice mail for the 2 liberal senators from PA was "full" and accepted no calls for 2 weeks before the vote. Um, wonder how that happened? I tried multiple times.

It is the biggest tax increase in the nation's history and with the taxes beginning immediately and the benefits not beginning until after 2014 they probably will show a saving from 2010 to 2020. After 2020, look out. Also dumping all of the uninsured onto the medical system will result in long lines and rationing of care as we know it. Plus, many physicians who had planned to work to 65-70 have already said they will take an early retirement further complicating the problem. Can you imagine if the Republicans, when they were in power,had tried to reduce Medicare benefits $500 billion what they would have been called? We can only hope for 2010 and hope some of this can be rolled back (although I heard that the Democrats had inserted language that would not make it possible to repeal this bill).

DocJIm

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Everyone absolutely must write their representatives. The reason for the vote today, was to pull it off before they went on recess. Many will catch hell when they get home, but most will hide. They don't want to face the music. They voted power and Party over country. I wrote Sherrod Brown, and got a robo-response email yesterday thanking me for contacting him. He obviously never read my letter, cause I doubt he will ever talk to me. We need to vote these self righteous bas*%#ds out of office.

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Wait until the libbies see that the gov't will have the ablity to come into your home and MAKE SURE you are raising your kids "correctly". The ability go believe the GARBAGE that congress throws at Americans and "some" actually get excited about it,,,,why would you pay for something that you don't the use of for four years,,,,and don't FORGET you also get to pay for your current coverage as well,,,,how someone can think this is "good" befuddles belief....

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

2700 pages of rules, regulations and taxes and this is going to improve healthcare? If you believe that you are either lying to yourself or you are a moran.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Remember 2 things about this bill:

1. The drug and insurance companies _want_ it.

2. It will increase their profits, at everyone's expense.

Over the coming weeks, Obama will talk some "Big-Jock" talk about how he "socked it to the insurance companies," how he "stuck up for little people" at the expense of Corporate America, and all that.

And if you're as dumb as, for example, Dahaub and all his Union buddies, you'll probably believe it.

But, ask yourself: this time around, why haven't you seen any "Harry and Louise" ads on TV, run by corporations against the bill? It's because they're NOT against it. They welcome it with open arms! The drug and insurance companies are laughing all the way to the bank on this one.

Why do you think Obama didn't want to release the White House visitor logs, detailing who he's been meeting with over the past several months? Because it contains a lot of drug and insurance fat cats, that's why.

Obama socked it to YOU and ME, because what he really cares about is HIMSELF. If he has to make deals with those filthy corporations and fatten their wallets to secure his Presidential legacy, he'll do it. You/I/we have been sold down the river. Now begins the monumental task of convincing you the bill is good.

Liberal Robots, repeat after me:

"Obama has made a historic change for the better in our healthcare system.

Obama has made a historic change for the better in our healthcare system.

Obama has made a historic change for the better in our healthcare system..."

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

My Senator, Bill Nelson voted for this after many letters asking him not too. Last night after he told us on the local news how good it was going to be for us I sent him an email stating he had secured a vote AGANIST him in the next election. I know many who feel the same. Bill, can you hear us now? Jake Jacobs

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

He should have no trouble enforcing it. He can just farm the job out, sorta like taking jobs overseas.

"Obama establishes secret police

"Last Thursday, December 17, 2009, The White House released an Executive Order [that] grants INTERPOL (International Criminal Police Organization) a new level of full diplomatic immunity.

"By removing language from President Reagan's 1983 Executive Order 12425, this international law enforcement body now operates - now operates - on American soil beyond the reach of our own top law enforcement arm, the FBI, and is immune from Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests.

"But more recently a more over-riding concern principally has been the potential - if not likely - specter of subjecting our Armed Forces to a hostile international body seeking war crimes prosecutions during the execution of an unpopular war.

"For an added and disturbing wrinkle, INTERPOL's central operations office in the United States is within our own Justice Department offices. They are American law enforcement officers working under the aegis of INTERPOL within our own Justice Department. That they now operate with full diplomatic immunity and with "inviolable archives" from within our own buildings should send red flags soaring into the clouds.

"Ultimately, a detailed verbal explanation is due the American public from the President of the United States detailing why an international law enforcement arm assisting a court we are not a signatory to has been elevated above our Constitution upon our soil."

This is an American police force elevated above American law:

"For an added and disturbing wrinkle, INTERPOL's central operations office in the United States is within our own Justice Department offices. They are American law enforcement officers working under the aegis of INTERPOL within our own Justice Department. That they now operate with full diplomatic immunity and with "inviolable archives" from within our own buildings should send red flags soaring into the clouds."

Forget for a moment the obvious globalist secret police implications. This is an organization of American police that owe their immunity to American federal and state laws to President Obama, working out of Eric Holder's Justice Department, an unaccountable police placed above prosecution and investigation.

For Immediate Release December 17, 2009
    Executive Order -- Amending Executive Order 12425

EXECUTIVE ORDER
    - - - - - - -
    AMENDING EXECUTIVE ORDER 12425 DESIGNATING INTERPOL
    AS A PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION ENTITLED TO
    ENJOY CERTAIN PRIVILEGES, EXEMPTIONS, AND IMMUNITIES

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 1 of the International Organizations Immunities Act (22 U.S.C. 288), and in order to extend the appropriate privileges, exemptions, and immunities to the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL), it is hereby ordered that Executive Order 12425 of June 16, 1983, as amended, is further amended by deleting from the first sentence the words "except those provided by Section 2©, Section 3, Section 4, Section 5, and Section 6 of that Act" and the semicolon that immediately precedes them.

BARACK OBAMA
    THE WHITE HOUSE,
    December 16, 2009."

11. Fathawk

Fathawk TS Member

FOOT IN THE DOOR!!!

LOL, bullshit from a forgotten administration.

Buncha bitches, that is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.