1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

National Day of Prayer

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

dahaub,,,,here is another result of your wonderful election....

For the first time in my lifetime, there was no White House recognition of the National Day of Prayer. I think his words were, “People were welcome to pray at home.”

A group of Black pastors were arrested for praying in front of the White House on the National Day of Prayer.

Now a National Muslim Day of Prayer is being officially recognized in Washington, D.C.

All I can say, quite plainly, is God help us!

MUSLIM PRAYER GATHERING
    SEPT. 25, 2009

Washington, D.C. - On September 25th there will be a national prayer gathering of Muslims on the west front of the U.S. Capitol Building. They are expecting at least 50,000 to attend from mosques all across America. They say that they want America to see how they pray!

A permit for this gathering was issued by Capitol Hill Police on July 28th. They will gather to pray from 4:00 AM until 7:00 PM. The gathering will take place by the site where U.S. Presidents have been inaugurated since 1981. The organizers say that it was Obama's inauguration speech in January and his speech broadcast from Egypt in June that gave them the idea for this prayer gathering on Capitol Hill.

They have a wesite set up for this event. To view it go to: islamoncapitolhill.com.. The site features a logo with a red, white and blue hand shaking a light brown hand with the words to the preamble to the Constitution and a page of Arabic text in the background.

It is not yet known who will lead their main prayer service at 1:00 PM nor is it yet known who will preach the sermon. However,they have been working dilgently to raise money to televise the event.

Check out some of the links and see what you think of their motto.

2. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

Can we go for one day without seeing, or hearing about Obama?

Please reply:

Your input is requested,

BK

PS. I can

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.