1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

National Database

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by capvan, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

On another thread there is a mention of a "National Database" being created for Health Care Reform.

Right now, YOU are probably participating in a data collection scheme (database) that will possibly have implications for your health care.

Many stores now have plastic "membership" cards that, when swiped, give you discounts on groceries, etc. When you first got that card, you supplied all of your demographic (name, address, etc) information. Now the information you supplied is connected with that basket of groceries you just bought. How much Beer, cigarettes, junk food, soda, etc. is now connected to YOU. Just think if this information is supplied to your insurance company? Oh, Mr. Brown, I see you buy a case of beer every week...maybe we need to more closely review your application for insurance...

Think about it...

capvan

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

capvan,,,,it is ALREADY going on thanks to Bill Clinton,,,,all hospitals, under HIPPA rules have to go to "electronic charting",,,,this is how your records are already being uploaded and collected!!!!

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

This isn't as universal as you might believe. Hospitals are still buried under paperwork and trying to merge paper and electronic records is a nightmare.

And I was talking data about day to day living habits being collected. That, to me, is pretty scary.

capvan

4. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Look out next time you go to the doctor. They have a seperate paper( normaly white) that they ask you questions each time how's your mental status , aches pains,ect. This info goes into law enforcement database!It's been going on for awhile, but alot of poeple not aware of it.
    Railroad

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I work in the insurance industry... the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Government agencies don't work together. Doctor's offices collect information, but it isn't going anywhere unless you specifically release it through HIPAA, and pay the doctor's office to send it. Even protected health information - (mental/nervous) requires a special release beyond the typical HIPAA release.

National Database for legal residency (like a NICS system) would be OK with me in as far as determining eligibility for participating a "universal" form of American Healthcare (note I did not say Government Healthcare...). I think any national database of health information is way, way off if even possible.

regards to all,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.