1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Natchez Ammo Prices. SHOCKED !

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cyrus, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Has anyone checked out Natchez current prices on basic 12ga.ammo. Maybe I am reading it incorrect or they are trying to get rich real quick. Example- Top Gun out of stock, 10.99-11.55 per box of 25. STS 11.49 a box and Estates Super Sports out of stock list 6.39-6-66, However, same Estate Super Sports IN STOCK 10.96-11.62. Please correct me if I am wrong so I can get new glasses and maybe sell my trap guns and pick up a few golf clubs. BTW, they had a KNEE JERK REACTION and refused to sell to New York as soon the new laws were being signed. They did not want to hear that the ammo restriction would not take place for at least a year. They have since reversed this policy for the time being.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I just looked...wow if those are the prices thats coming down the pipeline that will severely hamper if not stop kids and young adults from entering the sport. IMHO That can stay on Natchez shelves.

4. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I have seen a lot of retailers around $60 - $65 a flat for low end and $80-$90 for premiums. Natchez will not sell much to anyone that shops around.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Well they may be charging a price you find excessive but they are also out of stock which tell you they do have customers willing to pay the price. Can't really fault them from a business point of view.

6. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

The one way to bring down prices like this is to not buy the shells at this price!

7. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

Just got back from Gander Mountain. They had a truckload of AA's for $85/flat with the $20 rebate making them $65/flat or $6.50/box.

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

The other day I went on to Natchez's website and placed 4 flats of 12 ga. shells in my cart and then figured out the shipping. It was $95.00 to ship 4 flats to my home. That is definitely highway robbery. Needless to say, I cancelled the order. I usually shop at Cabela's or Bass Pro. They charge $5 a flat for shipping.

9. caljohn1

caljohn1 TS Member

natchez are ripping off the people there 22 lr shell have doubled in three mounts do not buy from them ever plus the will only sell you one brick at a time so the shipping is as mutch as the product dont buy from them.

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Cycrus buy a reloader you can save 50 cents a box. Your wife can reload while you cook and do the laundry

SHOCKED IS RIGHT,

Buddy

11. MR870

MR870 Member

Can you say GOUGING!Just like the gas stations after a hurricane that sells reg 3.44 any day but after hurricane gas is 10 a gallon.

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I picked up 20 boxes of cheap Federals at Gander mountain. They really do not tell you, but if you ask at the gun counter, they have a 5% or 10% discount on 10 boxes or over. The Girls at the main counters do not seem to know about the discount.

13. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

NATCHEZ, I was and am done with this bunch.

They send out catalogues with really good deals and when you try to order them it is: Well we are out and no rain checks, the price is this now and blah blah blah, that did it for me.

14. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Not to terribly hi-jack this thread...

Our club has a youth trapshooting program. This year, we are also offering a small-bore league...22lr silhouette shooting. Our local sporting goods store REEDS SPORTING GOODS...Walker, MN, has 22 ammo. Our club manager stopped in to pick up 4 bricks. When he brought them to the counter for check out, the price rang up to $100 PER BRICK. The manager was able to find one of the owners, and this prick said to him, "take 'em or leave'em".

The manger told him these were for our youth shooting program, the same local youths that come into their store to buy fishing gear. The store's owner then became very blunt..."I do not have time to waste talking to you about this" and walked away.

We did not buy the ammo.

If anyone travels to the Leech Lake area or anywhere around Walker, MN, DO NOT PATRONIZE this store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

natchez ammo prices