1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nashville is a COOL town!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'm at the Holiday in here in Nashville and so far I'm very impressed with this town. Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions? Kind of in the mood for BBQ.

Jb

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Tron, Compared to Detroit any town is going look cool and civilized.

3. Tron

True....I'll give you that.

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Tron,
    I don't remember the name of the place but it's on 16th ave. near the Grand ole opry (Ryman Auditorium) just a small joint. But it's been 20 years since I've been there

CS

5. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

J Alexanders and/or Calhouns Interstate 40 I believe exit 204 go South. Calhouns--- Baby back ribs J Alexanders--- Prime rib---- What ever you do order their Great Stuff for dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Jack's @ 416 Broadway, also another at 334 W Trintiy Lane.

Tim

7. Tron

Jack's it is!

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Is there any cathouses for Kitty?

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Calhouns is awesome, Lots of good places. Stay away from Neelys

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Down south the Mcdonalds has a McRib !!!! Enjoy! Jeff

11. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Head down on 2nd avenue off of lower Broadway. All kinds of restaurants on 2nd avenue. The original Tootsie's Orchid Lounge is on lower Broadway.

12. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Try the "Cock of the Walk" a unique experience...MX8Dave

13. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Our daughter is a manager at Margaritaville on Broadway, great food and great folks to serve you.
    Off the beaten path there is a restaurant in "German Town" just north of downtown called Monelle's (hope I spelled that right)in an old house in a historic neighborhood. They have the BEST Sunday brunch, served family style, you sit at big tables next to whoever came in just ahead of you. It's a trip back in time and the food is the best southern fixin's ya'll find anywhere.

14. Tron

Mx Dave, that's not one of those fruity pick up joints, is it?

Anyway, one thing I notice is that people leave you alone here. I haven't seen one aggressive, obnoxious panhandler yet. But, I did see the Setterman at the Nashville Gun Club.

15. Mike

Mike Member

Joe. Try Jim 'N Nick's, 4 locations around Nashville. Great everything ! Mik

16. quartering

quartering Active Member

shooting at ngc? anyway, it's not bbq, but don't leave town without having dinner at sperry's. fantastic!

17. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Take the riverboat tour. It includes dinner and a show. The food and service were both excellent but the show was even better. The band, Shotgun Red and I can't recall the other name is a funny ventriloquist act but the music was the star of the show. They have a blind man who, vocally, is a perfect match in every way for a number of famous male country singers. His name is Roger Francis. Then they have another singing impersonator wHo is equally impressive singing the songs of the famous country singers. The musical talent is on the same level with Tyger Bell. He started public ally performing at age 10 and is still going strong. The other musicians in this band are equally talented!

I am a cheap Sob and do not buy the CDs most show ,groups try to sell after their show. This show group was the outstanding exception to my normal cheapness. I bought a number of their CDs. And to further the endorsement, so did my wife.

The General Jackson and The Grand Ole Opery should not be missed on any trip to Nashville!

One other plus for Nashville is that a few years back they had a MAJOR flood with the main downtown enterttainmentt district being under up to twenty feet of water. Less than a year later almost everything was completely back to normal except for the big mall near the Opry (and the Gander Mountain store) still being completely rebuilt. Compare their recovery efforts with another famous southern town that still today years after the big storm, is still looking for aid.

18. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Look up and eat at the Loveless Cafe. If you get time, drop by and see me at Nashville Armory today, 11-7.

Nashville IS a kicking town.

19. shadow

shadow Active Member

Dont leave Nashville without a visit to Printers Alley !!!!!!!!!!!! It is right off Lower Broadway close to the Ryman Auditorium. FUN PLACE!!!

20. Tracy Boy

Tracy Boy TS Member

Joe, Just come out to our home on Old Hickory Lake....about 12 miles from downtown....6 miles from Gun Club. We will treat you to a steak and anything you want to drink! We have lived here for 3 years now and love it! The people are friendly and lots to do.

Don & Cheryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.