1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nashville Gun Club and flooding?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bluedotman, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

up

2. kybullseye

kybullseye TS Member

It was posted on another site that water is up to the clubhouse stairs but has not gotten into the clubhouse, all the machines are underwater.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Pretty bad flinch there.

Eric

4. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I would like everyone to keep the Board and Staff of Nashville Gun Club in your prayers as they attempt to clean up what mother nature has left behind...

TNCoach

5. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Keeping everyone in the area in our prayers....

6. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

Amen, great place to be and shoot.

7. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Looks like you'll have to shoot steel in that wetland.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What a mess. Did they get the flood insurance in time? I remember the great Mississippi and all his brother rivers flooding in 1993. I helped the flour mills in Chester and Alton, Ill clean up after the water went down. Christ what a stinking mess. I don't envy what is ahead of those guys. They'll learn alot about mud and all the dead creepy crawlies that inhabit it. Start the pumps.

Isn't the club right on the river?

9. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Barry,

The Cumberland is usually to the right of the treeline and about 20-30 feet down. The traphouses are walk in and halfway down an incline (burm) into a large valley.

The clubhouse sits on the highest point on the property and the image shows 6 of the 12 traps. If you travel down the road to the bottom of the image, you drive down to our 2 sporting clays courses and the maintenance buildings.

I think the key term here is down...

Our unofficial rain total was 16" here at the house in a 24 hour period and we live about 20 minutes away from the club.

TNCoach

10. Mike in HI

Mike in HI TS Member

TNCoach,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all the way from Hawaii.
    Please keep us posted on the damage assessment/clean up.

Mike

11. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Coach, the last time my daughter and I were there, we went over to the river and looked down at the water.. it was far enough down it gave me a queazy feeling.. I cant imagine it rising that much.. how did you get the picture? thanks!

12. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and I'll try to keep everyone updated from time to time. The photo was sent to me from a close friend and likely taken by our local trapshooter / chopper pilot.

If anyone was plannning to come to Nashville, please call ahead to see what's open.

TNCoach

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Thanks Coach

14. Pat McKean

Pat McKean Active Member

TN Coach,

After the water goes down, let us know how bad the damage is.

I lived in Decatur, AL in the late 1950's and my Mother's family has a string connection to the area.

I'd like to help out as best as I can.

Pat

15. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

The roads were just recently opened up and cleanup is underway. I'll try to get some images of the debris in the trees. It's truely remarkable that the clubhouse was spared any damage. Thank you for your prayers, TNCoach

Here is the official email from the club:

The Club currently has 4 skeet fields working. The sporting clays course and the trap houses were totally flooded and the traps are being worked on.

We need volunteers to come out and help. We need the balance of traps that are still on in sporting clays to be pulled out and brought up so they can be cleaned, etc. We need help getting trash cans, gun stands, stations, etc. put back on the course. Please come out and help.

Feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone you know who is interested in the Gun Club.

Thanks!

Katherine Maddox
    xxkmaddox48@gmail.comxx
    Nashville Gun Club

16. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

The last few warm days have really dried it out, but notice the flood line in the trees.

tncoach_2009_070317.jpg

Image 1 - shows one of the few sporting clay stations. It sits on top of the hill in the woods.

tncoach_2009_070318.jpg

Image 2 - shows the new beach behind Image 1

tncoach_2009_070319.jpg

Image 3 - shows where mother nature decided to put our road shown missing in Image 4

tncoach_2009_070320.jpg

Image 4 - shows where the water rushed up the gully from the Cumberland and washed out the road.

tncoach_2009_070321.jpg

Image 5 - shows the trees that were shown in the flood photo. The watermark can be faintly seen on the skeet house right under the low house.

tncoach_2009_070322.jpg

Image 6 - shows our new trap background

tncoach_2009_070323.jpg

Image 7 - shows the burm and traps

Jay, Dusty, Frank, Eric, and Duck were working hard today to get things back in order, but it's going to take time and effort. Frank brought along a couple of his workers, and Eric brought his son.

If you have any questions or would like to help, please contact Katherine above at her gmail account or info@nashvillegunclub.com.

TNCoach

17. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I would like to thank all of our customers to Nashville Gun Club, but monitor the website for updated information.

Just don't call the clubhouse and complain when you hear that Sporting Clays is NOT OPEN. The cleanup process has started, but we're still pulling machines out of the muck and searching for the sporting clay stands.

Thank you,
    TNCoach

18. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

The guys worked hard yesterday to cleanup the Sporting Clay machines. It's the first priority with limited manpower to pull the machines out of the muck and try to clean and repair them. We still can't get to a few machines until the swamp dries up.

The TSTA is coming today to look at the trap machines and begin work on them...

God Bless,
    TNCoach

19. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I don't know what happened at the club today, but will find out tomorrow. I do know that I finally have AT&T home service for the first time since the flood.

Any guesses who the first call came from?

TNCoach

20. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I just received this email from Katherine:

I am happy to let you know that we are open for Skeet, Trap, 5 Stand and Sporting Clays (10 stations).

The Skeet and 5 Stand Leagues will shoot as scheduled tomorrow night (Thursday, May 13).

The Music City Open scheduled for May 15 & 16 has been cancelled.

Be sure to check out www.nashvillegunclub.com for our updated calendar.

Thanks.
    Katherine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nashville gun club flooded