1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

NASCO gun cases?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hcopd, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hcopd

hcopd TS Member

What happened to nasco cases? When I started shooting skeet every one with a tube set had one and now it seem no one does. What happened to them?
  2. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Me too! They went out of business about 5 years ago- I liked them better than Americase because they were lighter and aloso great for travel! too bad.
  3. hcopd

hcopd TS Member

Did they only make cases for tubed guns because that is all I ever saw.
  4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Tube sets I think were their primary case, but I have seen them for trap combos before. They would also custom make you anything you wanted.
  5. eightbore

eightbore Active Member

I can't imagine why they quit making cases. The fellow who made the Aries cases here in MD used a work table the size of a snooker table for every operation neccesary to make a case. A sheet metal brake and a band saw were his only tools other than a riveter. The overhead couldn't have been overwhelming for Nasco. You could run the whole business out of a two car garage. The Nasco and the Aries are very similar except that the Aries used the superior Sessions latches which can't be sheared off at the airport the way the Nasco latches can be. The Anvil cases are also equipped with the Sessions latches. If you have been to a music show or concert, you have seen Anvil rolling cases. Anvil used to make gun cases also, but they also quit. There is nothing made today that is as good as an Aries case for competition shooters. I would not go on an airplane with an Americase unless I covered all locks and latches with a couple of wraps of duct tape, a real pain when the airline people want to see the gun.
  6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Too much competition - Not enough profit.
  7. AWC

AWC TS Member

Otis Lee retired and that was the end of the great Nasco cases.I have three of his cases and they are great.

AC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.