1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NASCARS FINAL YEAR

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LUGNUTZ426, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

If the big 3 go under, do you think toyota will fund all 46 cars? If they do it will turn out to be a larger version of IROC series which draws about 1% of fans of a Sprint cup race. The tracks would close about a year later.

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i read today that many teams have laid off several employees since the final race sunday. if some of the smaller teams don,t merge they may not be around next year. sponsorship money is drying up fast.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

WHO CARES!

ec90t

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

ec90t,

I agree. Went to a nascar race once and about fell asleep. My idea of an exciting auto race is DRAG RACING. A friend at ESPN told me a year ago that they are looking for new sporting events to televise and that "nascar is getting tired". My prayer is that the new Pro Shooters Tour will soon be one of those new televised sporting events on ESPN!

JMO

milt

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Who in the heck would want to watch 40+ rickshaws go in circles...thats called the Tokyo beltway

6. Frye

Frye TS Member

i used to plan weekends around the NASCAR race. I USED to be a fan of the series, but new cars, toyota, and the 48 team took the interest right out of me. I hardly watched a race all season.

7. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

ec90 ` if you dpn'care then leave it and the post alone

8. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Solve the problem. In the past, "Buy a car.... get a check."

Today's answer for the Big 3, "Buy a car.... get a gun. " Dealers lot will empty soon and NASCAR will have shooting galleries before and after the race. ROFL

9. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

drag racing is already having trouble. doug herbert lost his 15 year sponsorship from snap on tools. it is only the beginning i fear. motordoc

10. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

WITHOUT THE BIG 3 SUPPORT INCLUDING RACER AND RACE SPONSORSHIP, NHRA WON'T BE FAR BEHIND NASCAR IN FOLDING UP SHOP. THE FIRST CLASSES TO GO WILL
    BE PRO STOCK, FOLLOWED BY SUPER STOCK AND FUNNY CAR.

11. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

If you are a true Nascar Fan you will stay a Nascar fan through thick and thin. Nascar to the true race fan is not just the car name make or model. It is the whole deal, driver, team, crew chief, owner and the thousands and thousands of loyal fans. The rivalries emotion and interaction with the overall experiance is what makes Nascar.

I have been to the Coke 600 in Charlotte over 20 times, The Nov 500 race in Charlotte 12 times, Atlanta 15 times, Bristol night race 7 times (absolute best race and event of the season), The twin 125's at daytona 20 times (best races of the year on a Super Speedway) Daytona 500 5 times (yawn) Pepsi 400 in Daytona 12 times, Homestead 10 times, Talladega 2 times, Rockingham 1 time (the final Cup Race there). Had a blast at all of them. I don't drink before or during the race and have the best seats around people who are sobber and fun. I drink a beer or 3 after the race.

Having told that I must tell that in the last year I stopped all race events live ( I TIVO and watch all Truck, Busch and Cup).

The cost to get to and attend an event has become too costly for the amount of entertainment received.

It will be interesting to see what teams show up at Daytona in 09. I personally feel it will be hard for 43 teams to get r done.

Congrats to Toyota on their acheivements this year and may the best manufacturer win, I am a Driver fan not a car make fan.

So it is what it is, either watch it and enjoy or don't worry about it.

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

You really think, with hussein and the "green team", they will let NASCAR, NHRA, etc. continue with the "carbon footprint" they put out???? Remember that bubba don't vote for hussein, fwank, pelosi, et. al

13. deadelk

deadelk Member

I will miss all those exciting left turns and the fans with some teeth.

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    THIS IS A TRAVESTY! NASCAR NEEDS A TAXPAYER BAILOUT! THE ECONOMY WILL CRUMBLE! JOBS WILL BE LOST! DO IT FOR THE CHIIIIILDREN!

15. BMC

BMC Member

If the Big Three give up the ghost, NASCAR and racing in general will soon become the least of our worries. If the racing series fall victim, it will just be part of the trickle down effect, a small bump in the road compared to what us common folk will be dealing with.

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Open wheel rules.

Bikes on the mile is the best motorsports show in the world.

The hairiest equipment is the Supermods, wow.

Sprints and midgets raise my pulse, Nascar is a snore.

HM

17. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I think NASCAR will survive if Obama and team pick drivers who want to drive from a big drawing. Then anybody will have a chance to race. That would make for interesting and real change. The cars will all be prepared by Obama supporter, good old boy, Junior Johnson. The halftime show will feature cheerleaders chosen by the TV audience calling in to vote after a new show airs, "Who Wants to Be a Professional Cheerleader?"

One change: All drivers in NASCAR must state their political party affiliation and have that indicated by a specified number and size of stickers on the car.

18. white rattler

white rattler Member

With the Jap car last year and the new car this year my going to and watching has come to a end. And then the yellow flag with 10 to go to tighten up the field was the last straw for me. Trevor Dawe.

19. white rattler

white rattler Member

MIA you might be right. But Roush would not spend any of his own money to keep Mark Martin around. Trevor Dawe.

20. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Personally, I'd rather watch grass grow, or paint dry (Take your pick) than watch NASCAR. I think they could make it interesting if they used actual cars. Now it's just become a game of computers. I do enjoy the classic British Roadster racing, but NASCAR, yeah, I'd take paint drying. Maybe they can make NASCAR exciting somehow, but we'll see what happens.
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.