1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NASCAR is starting to suck.......

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by billy77, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billy77

billy77 TS Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me the TV and the powers that be are ruining NASCAR......the production is so big that the show comes on an hour before the race starts, some of the announcers have no idea what they are talking about, just run their mouth, the rules change so often that it is hard to understand, fuel cell sizes, tires,you can only run this tire or that tire, etc....there is always a caution near the end...debris on the track, someone must throw it out on the track, I think the races are starting to be scripted...now we are going to have the "car of tomorrow" so all the cars will be the same........pretty soon the races will be run on a computer and scripted....guess its time to watch wrestling......JMO SC

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Pretty much.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's the WWF of motorsports. The drivers are talented individuals but the whole show is hard to comprehend. Your front drive ALumina has no relation whatsoever to the Nascar version (I always found that ludicrous).

At least the safety aspect is well managed. Horrendous crashes and very few injuries since Earnhart.

I prefer GNC bikes on dirt.

HM

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

What you guys need is a real race track nearby. This was taken on March 3rd at the one where my son and I are tech inspectors.

If you can only see a box with a red "x" in it, right click on the "x" and select "Show picture."

Ed

5. Kynoch

Kynoch TS Member

Kinda like football eh? Tell ya what you'll see, and tell ya what you are seeing, and again what it was you saw. Phooy, out the door to whack a few starlings. Try NHRA.

6. Mac V

Mac V Guest

I gotta agree with Average Ed. There's nothing phoney about sprints. If NASCAR has turned into the WWE of motorsports, sprints are still the rugby of it all.

Mike

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Saw CRA (wingless) sprints at Manzanita once, Wow.

A real driving exhibition. Saw outlaws & midgets there too, good show.

HM

8. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

I agree, can't tell a chevy from a dodge, from a ford, from a toy except the toys slways seem headed to the garage.

I will be glad when the weather moderates and I can enjoy being outside again.
    Too much about pit stragety and fuel milage and not enough about racing.

ed.

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

starting to suck?......that happened way back when the cars started to morph into the same body with different graphics packages....boring....and yes, sprints are a whole lotta fun....I've got a track 1 mile away from my farm and it's the best entertainment you can spend money on!!

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Lol!

This from guys who wonder if Clays is the same as ClayDot, 7 1/2s vs 8s, Fiocci instead of Winchester primers, PFS verses Curry Comb or Kreighoff better than Perazzi??????

11. mobear

mobear Member

NASCAR has sucked since the they started using restrictor plates, and having drivers that cant race unless everything is perfect.

If you want real racing, the weekly tracks whether dirt or asphalt are the best.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

NHRA all the way ... Earth shaking ground pounders, thats until they hit the throttle then watch out ... Its auto racing at its finest ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The only real man racing done these days is on two wheeels. Dirt, pavement, some of both, makes no difference to me.

Within a 30min drive I can see The finest in open wheel, F1, stock car, drag racing, and soon to be Moto GP. The only down fall has been the fair board not wanting the AMA to hold racing on the mile during the fair. Indy at one time was the fastest mile raced.

ec90t

14. dell

dell TS Member

Nascar went downhill when they left TNN!

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Yeah, but can a drag car smoke its left rear while going sideways on CLAY? But as a former drag racer, I agree that they are awesome unless that chicken sh-t "bracket racing" crap is involved.

Rick, that was the same #59.

Ed

16. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I did not read any of the posts here but the opening one. When the people running things said that the sport was getting to fast and that they had to slow it down just killed the sport. Restrict the gas plates. No this or that and so on. ITS A RACE DAMN IT. They are suppose to be driving fast not slowing down. Its now not about the race but about MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY. Do just enough to keep the fans interested and nothing more. Its a dog and pony show. In the 50's, 60's and part of the 70's it was a race. A race that still had drives that ran moonshine on dirt roads during the week and raced on the weekends. You went on to the track and put the peddle to the metal and let the dust settle to see who won. Its not that way today. The worst show boater there is is Jeff Gordon. He is nothering but a girly boy trying to look good. Sorry that is not what a car race is suppose to be. Sorry if this rubbed some people the wrong way but that is how I see it. Next someone will want to put weights on running backs or track runner to make it more fair to those who are slower.

17. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I'll take drag racing over NASCAR every day of the week! That's real, head to head racing at its finest. One on one, one car at a time, best car wins. While pure power, and getting it to hook up, is the name of the game in drag racing, driver experience, reaction times, crew chiefs, crews, etc. all play a part in what has to be the best show there is when it comes to racing. Pretty hard not to appreciate the committment, effort and dedication that goes into this type of racing. One lost race and you're on the trailer heading for home. Just my opinion.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

18. rcmax29

rcmax29 TS Member

If you want to see real racing go to a World of Outlaws or other sprint car race. NASCAR is too slick and boring any more.

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

"Nascar is starting to suck", now thats the under statment of the year ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

MIA: Sounds like the WWF to me, only the names are different.

I usually watch it with sound turned off. In my Dad's last years, the poor guy's eyes were gone and he didn't have any choice. Use to take him with me trapshooting every chance I got.

One thing is for sure, that thing yesterday wasn't racing AND that last "Debris" caution was pure BS. Anybody noticed who sponsored the race and what sponsor was on the side of "Milquetoast" Johnson's car. It's gotta be rigged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nascar drivers who suck

nascar has turned into wwf

nascar like wwf

nascar starting to suck