1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nascar Fiasco

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Sep 10, 2013.

1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Michael Waltrip Racing tries to pull a fast one. Boyer told to spin out to get their driver in the Chase. Gordon gets screwed as he had 10th place secured in Chase. Nascar gets part of it right. Gordon?

Clyde

2. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Several years back, Junior was having handling problems, he was dumb enough to tell his crew chief that he was going to pit during the yellow. He continued to add that he was going to cause the yellow with an intentional spin. As I recall, he did not get the lucky dog and was fined. Of course, Gordon needs to do something about his crew chief. Jeff's car seldom gets adjustments that improve his performance. With 4 laps and some of the fresher cars, why was Jeff given 4 tires to start 12th????

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Please don't run "Sterno" Waltrip out of racing, otherwise we'll be stuck with him in the announcers booth forever.

Bob Falfa

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I have watched NASCAR for years. Was a diehard Black # 3 fan, but I enjoyed the racing in general.....DW, Rusty Wallace, Alan Kulwicki, Davey Allison, etc. But, when Dale Sr. died, NASCAR lost a lot of interest and they began trying to go Hollywood. I find NASCAR no different than wrestling. I believe it is all rigged for the mighty $$$ anymore.

5. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

WWF on wheels.......and NOTHING more. I can't believe they can get sponsorship for that crap.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I haven't gotten to watch it much lately.

Is Danica still pretty much dominating the sport?

-Gary

[​IMG]

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

When Dale Sr. died I kinda backed away....but when all the cars started looking like '54 Plymouths (just my take on the generic, boring COT)that was the killer for me. Watching vintage Winston Cup and before that Grand National film is soooo much more satisfying. Big Merc's Marauders, Ford Galaxies, Pontiac Grand Prix's, and Chevy Impala's...the incredible Mopar Hemi cars (does anything look more menacing coming down the tri-oval at Daytona that Richard Petty's #43 hemi GTX??...I think not!...and of course Smokey Yunnick's 7/8th scale '66 Chevelle...that was REAL racing...with real characters and hell raisers to get it rockin' and rollin'...even reading the race reports in Motor Trend back in 1960 was more interesting than the drivel that passes for NASCAR race coverage today....thank you...that rant felt good!!!

Ron Burr

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Princess Sparkle Pony? Yeeeaaah, HOW many races has she won?

9. oz

oz Active Member

Used to be STOCK cars. Now they are not. They are SPRINT cars, ie: take a front wheel drive STOCK car and make it a rear wheel drive SPRINT car. Back in the day the companies actually had to make 500 of the STOCK cars for sale to the public or they could not race. I really like the Toyota camrys with a (small block chevy) and rear wheel drive.

10. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Its like IROC racing was. 43 cars as close to the same as NASCAR can get them.I used to like it with cars you could tell apart and NO restrictor plates. Have not watched since 2/01 when DE Sr was killed. It has went downhill since then.

11. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Much more interesting than Nascar !!
    [​IMG]

12. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

NASCAR is a farce!

13. ljutic73

As for drag racing...I prefer the nostalgia drags...with Funny Cars who's bodies actually resemble what they purport to be, gassers (I love gassers) and especially those evil, nasty AA Fuel Altereds. JMHO but if NHRA fully embraced Pro-Mod, I'd be happy...much more fun to watch than AA/FC's with the same @#$@# body....

Ron Burr

14. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

NAPCAR...what a crock. I agree with Mr. Burr. Homogenized cars and drivers. The only character left is Tony Stewart. Real racing happens on the dirt. Check out the World of Outlaws, or any sprint car or dirt modified race, for that matter. Much better racing, if you ask me. Flat track motorcycles and Moto GP rank high, too. Speaking of Moto GP, Rossi is back with Yamaha after the Ducati disaster. Watch out for the Doctor!

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sparkle Pony, LOL. How bout a 90 pound 23 yr old gal doing things that most here would wet themselves out of fear doing? (4 National victories in the last 6 weeks)

You could pay my way to Nascar, with all the trimmings, and I would still rather go on my own dime to ANY GNC show that's on.

Next year I think Shayna is going to go full expert and run with these guys:

[​IMG]

HM

16. 3357

3357 Member

The quarter mile is where its always been. Clean, pure and honest.

17. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Active Member

Ljtic73

Smokeys car was not a 7/8 scale car. It is at richard childress shop now.

Richard, will be happy to let you measure it

18. ljutic73

Thanks Doug...I'm sure you're right. I just remember an article in HotRod many years ago detailing Smokey's "creativity" with the rules. It talked at length about the Chevelle and how Smokey did things to the body that brought about the use of templates, plus a bunch of other things his competition thought he was doing to beat them....but I stand to be corrected. He was quoted once as saying "we don't break the rules, we just bend the hell outta them".

Ron Burr

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Like when Smokey Yunick hooked up a propeller to an alternator on his sprint car, putting track officials into a tizzy whether it was legal or not. He argued the rules did not ban it, so he got away with it.

He also had the fastest stock block to ever run at Indy (small block Chevy).

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Seriously, is Danica still winning pretty much all the races?

-Gary

[​IMG]