1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NASCAR and FOX= guttless cowards

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by geeber, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geeber

geeber Member

I watched the NRA 500 from Texas just to see what Fox would do. They avoided any reference to the NRA even though the NRA sponsored the race. Even at the end when they showed the results they called the race the Texas 500. I'm damned sick of the cowards in this country bending to the whim of the communist bastards that are taking over our country.

Gary B.

2. geeber

geeber Member

I missed that. Any other time you will hear it all through the race.

3. Greevesman

Greevesman Member

The fellow that said "start your engines" said NRA. It was on a couple of times, and at the end, there was an NRA sign on top of the car in victory lane.
    However the normal trophy in texas is a couple of six guns the winner is supposed to fire blanks into the air while celebrating.
    I called and emailed Nascar and told them they were a bunch of gutless weenies.
    I'm sure the Nascar fan base supports the NRA. However, Lowes, Coca Cola etc are probably concerned about PC and associating with us.
    We will be made second class citizens having done nothing wrong.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Fox if anything, is NOT ani-NRA.

5. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Several unnamed drivers refused to go to the interview room because of the NRA logo.

Van

6. avery53

avery53 Member

Let's find out who those drivers are. I'm sure their sponsors wouldn't like the negative publicity.

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Not exactually factual--in fact NASCAR told the drivers NOT to give an inteview in front of the the NRA logo (political correctness) however I salute the drivers that ignored the order!

8. thunder

thunder Active Member

I thought the gentleman that said start your engine's was wearing a NRA on his hat.

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Actual Fact:

"As is custom for all race sponsors, the NRA was offered the chance to buy the premium ad package from Fox Sports that would include commercial time, sponsor mentions and graphics with the race name. The NRA declined, and thus the race was presented without a sponsor on in-race graphics and the Fox broadcast mentioned the title sponsor once an hour. Earlier in the week, Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy (D) wrote a letter to Fox to ask the network not to broadcast the race.

The NRA's sponsorship met and passed all NASCAR guidelines for sponsorship approval, but the sanctioning body said on Friday that it would take a closer look at other factors when going through its standard sponsorship approval process moving forward."

Eric

10. SBray

SBray Active Member

Having to look at other factors...sponsorship approval process.

Means they are folding to liberal pressures, rather than standing tall!

JMHO,

Steve

11. CROY1990

CROY1990 Active Member

That was Karl Malone who said start your engines. Karl is on the board of the NRA. He said the NRA500 right before start your engines.

12. thunder

thunder Active Member

Karl Malone did say that. He also wore a NRA cap. What more do you want, if NRA didn't buy premium package. At least NRA, NASCAR and Fox went ahead with it. What would of the other networks done? Wish all the gun owners would support the NRA and the others that stand tall for the second amendment rights!!!

Geebe I think you are way off calling them cowards. Are we as gun owners all so stupid as to alienate all who is helping our cause.

13. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Mr. Geeber,

You are what I like to call....AN IDIOT......the media are OVERWHELMINGLY anti-gun LIBERAL....FOX is one of the very few friends we have.....

I bet you were one of the IDIOTS who voted for a third party candidate because you rather have Obama than Romney.....

By the way, are you at least, an NRA LIFE MEMBER?

14. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I listened to the Race on Nascar XM radio channel 90 via PRN and they said the "NRA 500" all the time, lots and lots of times.

They made a point to boldly say "NRA", no PC there, just continued to say the NRA 500.

I watched the last 20 laps sunday morning (DVR'd)never really paid attention to how or when they said NRA, don't really care either.

15. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The big story is fight in the infield now- with a shooting- apparent suicide

Lots of controversy when you sponsor a race

Not certain this was well thought out and of course the liberal media is at fault in many ways

Regards from Iowa

Gene

16. thunder

thunder Active Member

I give NRA FOX & NASCAR & everyone involved a thumbs up in these controval times in our country. Guns don't kill but tell these power grabbing anti-gun liberals this.

17. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

This is a perverbial making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I for one have been a NRA memeber for over 40 years and will continue to be. The media is so full of horse sh*t. The NRA had not one damn thing to do with the suicide in the f'ing parking lot. The NRA had nothing to do with the shootings in Connecticut or any other democrat liberal sicko shooting that has happened.

But somehow millions and millions of hunters and sport shooting "AMERICANS" are being demoinized by the press for some reason that makes no sense to me.

We have 100's of laws on the books now and they are not inforced, so lets do some more to cripple law abiding citizens of their right to have a firearm.

Knowing full well the crook and criminal will have them all the time no matter what we do.

It is insanity and knee jerk reaction to help push president odumbasses policy to disarm america.

Read your history ladies and gentalmen, those people that have been disarmed have been slaughtered by the millions all within the last 100 years.

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Please consider: We are all Americans, are we not? I bet there are many who identify themselves as "liberal" who enjoy shooting or would like to partake in shooting/hunting, but may feel uncomfortable going to a shooting range. However, it is my view that we have "grown" so much intolerance in our nation that "activites" that are really benign take on political/social valence. Not the America I knew growing up in te 50's and 60's. And Liberals and Consevtives both bear at least equal responsibility for encouraging this dissension.

Oh, the NRA? I have heard of some concerns that the NRA really represents gun manufactures more than the sporting shooter, and the shooter who knows that he or she needs a defensive weapon due to circumstance. This could be looked at as akin to the AMA (American Motorcycle Association) representing Harley Davidson more than the entire spectrum of motorcycle riders in the United States.

Ergo, since the firearm is one important tool and symbol of freedom, and the Second Amendment is very important, perhaps gun owners and shooters need to be more welcoming to all, rather than only to those that follow a "party line" and carry exactly the same opinions.

Oh, and to knee-jerkingly calling somebody who is anti-firearm a "Commie" or whatever is hadly good public relations. I sincerely doubt that Mrs. James Brady is a "Commie"...her husband (was/is, not sure if he is still alive) a politician with very conservative views.

Oh, and two thumbs up for the NRA for sponsoring an auto race. Doesn't get much better than that!

19. SBray

SBray Active Member

Chango2,

You made some very good points. There are many liberals that are gun sports/hunter enthusiasts. I think it is common for us to gather around people we share similar beliefs and values, avoiding those that don't agree with us. Many times leaders surround themselves with "Yes men" as advisers instead of ones that would set them straight, or point out flaws in the leaders methods.

It is hard for me to understand why some of the liberals don't realize that our freedoms are being lost with each and every restriction.

Steve

20. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Steve, along that line, years ago, when I worked in public education, we were involved in a very bitter strike. I realize that teacher unions can sometimes be very hard nosed and unrealistic, but this time, the district was awash in funds (1989) and we'd not had even a cost of living raise (even a partial raise to meet "COLA") for about 4, 5 years.

Anyway, a very "liberal/left wing" union rep was at school I served. He was a former railroad engineer, so was versed in the cultures regarding blue collar and white collar unions.

I asked that "liberal" person if he believed in gun control. He said no, adamently and unflinchingly; he was very pro Second Amendment. He wisely pointed out: Take guns away from the populace, then only agents of the government, police, and criminals would have guns.

I continue to strongly believe that both "classic" liberal and conservative thought reveres personal freedom(s). "Classic"
    Liberals and conservatives, in my view, usually differ on the path to obtain and maintain said freedoms. But the differences in how and where "liberals" and "conservatives" conceive an ideal democracy is a very complex and different topic unto its own.

One area to investigate, however, is how and where both groups trust or fear government. Big differences in the conceived role, IMO, but not in the core value of individual freedoms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.