1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Naperville S.C. (IL) Handicap Championship

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by scott calhoun, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Last night (Thursday, June 7) was the annual club Handicap Championship at the Naperville Sportsman's Club.

The event is a one-night, 100 target event. Shooters shoot 25 targets at 21, 23, 25, and 27 yards. Trohpies are given for HOA and HOA Runner-up, as well as winner and runner-up at each yardage.

We were fortunate to have a perfect evening for shooting, with mild temps and hardly a breath of wind. We also put on a feed for all the shooters, and last night we covered all the major food groups. For entrees we had grilled brats, fried bluegill, grilled pheasant and grilled bison. French fries and baked beans were the sides, and there was chocolate cake for dessert.

Sorry, no pictures of the food, just the trophy winners.

Scott Calhoun, HOA Runner up and Jay Spitz (spitter) HOA Champion.

scottcalhoun_2008_030343.jpg

Yardage winners: Joe Krol (25), Mike Moore (27), Steve Pfister (23), Charlie Tlapa (21)

scottcalhoun_2008_030344.jpg

Yardage runner-up: Khin Louke (21), Bob Ash (23), Tom Clark (25, Art Jablonski (27)

scottcalhoun_2008_030345.jpg

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Hey... if it's not too self-serving, it was a great event - I haven't shot that well in awhile... nice to have better shooters push you, to find the potential you might have thought you had, but self-doubt hadn't let see in some time...

Scott is always an excellent manager - kept everything humming and on-pace... our fellow bud Bob Ash, who's energy helped actually create this event, gets a big thanks for his ongoing effort in planning and implementation...

Scott mentioned the food - I think we were out of minds to bring it all together - but it was an amazing buffet of flavors...

But of course, we ALL have to pitch in... scheduled to shoot late - I think I took the reins at the grill a time or two... and then all the nibbling - taste-testing... just gotta be right!... couldn't risk letting my fellow members eat anything that wasn't done correctly...

Boy 'O Boy... can't wait to "help" with next years event... (lol)

Best regards all,

Jay

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Great shoot again this year. And if you didn't shoot well (cough), the guys were great, as always, and the food was too!

Joe

4. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Nice pics, great bunch of guys.

5. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Nice report & fun to see the winners!

This is why I come to TS.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.