1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Naperville or Naziville?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Luckyman, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I was just informed by one of my anti-gun neighbors that you can't shoot an air gun of any kind in the confines of you own backyard. Even if you have a privacy fence! You can't even use one for pest eradication! I always knew Naperville was a liberal anti-gun town but this hard to believe!!!

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

That's not really true. You can, but you MUST use steel BB's.

Tron.

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

LOL!!!!

4. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

We have good schools here in Naperville, but some of the police officers are something else. on a side note, how many other towns can you visit where you can go downtown and shoot trap? The trapshooters I have met at the Naperville Sportsmans Club are some fine gentlemen.

5. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Absolutely! I am one of them but the law of not being able to shoot an airgun in you own backyard is beyond rediculous!!! BTW what does the school district have to do with this thread?

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I guess I am just stating just a few of the many positives of living in Naperville. No offense intended Luckyman. I do have a good time when I shoot at Naperville, you never Know what Joe Kuhn is going to take out of his guncase.

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

None Taken! I like seeing what new contraption Joe will have each week as well!

I am a product of the Naperville School system and love living in Naperville as well! I have lived her for over 22 years and never knew that I couldn't shoot my air pistol behind the confines of my 7 foot privacy fence in my own backyard until today....This particular neighbor actually scaled the back of my fence to let me know!!! She must have heard a couple of shots and felt she could tresspass by scaling my fence to let me know about the law...I then called the Naperville PD to validate this and sure enough she was right! My air gun isn't even loud and can't even penetrate my 1/4 inch cedar wood fence!

8. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

oddly..range master at my range said to get around that rule...shoot from inside your house. Not sure if that will work for you but it does seem to be a nice little loop hole.

9. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I see a lot of post from people who live Naperville. But being ignorant pleae
    tell us where Naperville is. - JIm

10. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

I live in Naperville as well. Tron that was FUNNY!!!!!! I do not thing Naperville or DuPage county is anti gun. Lets see everything that is legal in the state of IL I can own here. But just down the street in Aurora online dealers wont ship high cap mags and ammo and wont sell you an ar or ak etc. I am not sure why Aurora is like this but in Naperville everything is legal. We also have a city owned trap range, not many cities have that let alone so close to Chicago. I have enjoyed living here, its the state that sucks.

Dave

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

OK, OK, OK

Lets tone down the Nazi crap...

First, there is an ordinance which requires BB guns and air rifles to be discharged on a range - we've got the range but to be fair, the Park District once tried to offer BB gun programs and that didn't seem to sit well - maybe it was the way it was programmed. Want an airgun or BB program, contact the district and lets develop one!

Now, Naperville is about as supportive of the shooting range as any town I've ever seen - this as we approach the Club's 70th Anniversary next month and we will have our Open House event for the community on 9/16. Mayor Pradel and the City Council have been very supportive of the range operation and I hope they attend.

Got a PIA neighbor? Welcome to suburbia in general - and by and large, I have found most Naperville cops to be supportive of the range, but there are few bad apples in every bushel. But I've had great luck in having both the Police and Park Police involved in our events.

So while this is an inconvenience - now you know and lets hope your neighbor acquires a case if IBS!

respectfully offered,
    Jay Spitz

12. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I heard my name...hope to have my Mach One bondoed up for Thursday. If you want, you can shoot it.

Welcome to living in town. Good thing my family still has the farm out by Big Rock. Johnny and I go out there and shoot his BB gun and my first gun ever - a single shot lever action 22.

Support the club! A strong membership that uses the facility and pitches in is a good way to stay afloat.

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

She scaled your fence to inform you???

In my neck of the woods she would gotten feet dry and not more than a foot from the fence before being held at gunpoint awaiting the police's arrival to have her arrested for trespassing. That would also be the perfect time to ask the police the validity of the law.

Oh yeah ... hold her at airgunpoint and if she moves pop a pellet in her arse unless of course its a good looking ... well never mind.

14. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Liberial means too go along with everything ! That issue doesnt sound liberial to me . safety issue or regulations city state ? Liberial dont fit here . Nazi maybe but they werent Libs either .

15. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Hey Spitter....If Naperville really supports the shooting sports why have they been trying to come up with reasons to close down the Naperville Sportsman's Club and actually succeded a few years back? The Club actually had to re-open under the stipulation that everyone now has to shoot steel and the club is only open twice a week now...This doesn't seem like a town that supports the shooting sports to me...If Sportsman's closes is there a plan to re-locate it? I doubt it....A program to shoot BB guns was not well received and adopted? In a town that supports shooting? This appears to be a contradiction.....

Naperville may not have always been like this but today there are too many people living here with too much time and money on their hands that want to control everything!

16. frozen

frozen TS Member

Is there any laws against catapaults or trebuchets too? If not, I suggest building one and practicing in your yard, just to piss off the antigun neighbor. Go to www.trebuchet.com for blueprints.

17. skeetshooter

skeetshooter TS Member

Don't feel bad. I live in Kentucky. All nearby towns have outlawed BB and pellet rifles being shot inside city limits. One town has even outlawed the firing of bows & arrows. Tried to outlaw ownership of these.
    This year Ky. Dept. of Fish & Wildlife outlawed the use of these rifles for squirrel hunting. I have a .177 cal rifle with scope that fires a pellet at 1000+ ft per second and love to hunt with it. No more in this dictator state.
    Have friends in Naperville and know how they fail to accept gun ownership.
    My wife is from Downers Grove and grew up hating guns. Now after 30 years of marrage and living in Ky. She is one heck of a good shot and hunts with me some. Outshot one of the state police pistol team members one day with his own gun. Thank god we own land and live out in the wide open country and I can practice trap and pistol shooting when I want. Dennis

18. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Suburbia is a bitch sometimes -- but we all seem to flock to them instead of living in a single family home out on some serious acreage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

naperville bow and arrow backyard

naperville shot arrows backyard