1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nancy P and ethics

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tj303, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi paid her husband's real estate and investment firm nearly $100,000 from her political action committee over the past decade, a practice that she voted to ban last year and that her party condemned as part of the "culture of corruption" when Republicans did it.

The Washington Times is reporting that the California Democrat's husband, Paul F. Pelosi, owns Financial Leasing Services Inc., which has received $99,000 in rent, utilities and accounting fees from the speaker's "PAC to the Future" over the PAC's nine-year history.

Last year, Pelosi supported a bill that would have banned members of Congress from putting spouses on their campaign staffs. The bill banned not only direct payments by congressional campaign committees and PACs to spouses for services including consulting and furndraising, but also "indirect compensation," such as payments to companies that employ spouses.

2. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

What is new! The American people keep voting them in office. It has gotten to the point it is better not to vote at all rather than voting for the lesser of two evils....(which I always thought was stupid anyway) both are corrupt. But McCain said it better the other day during his debate with Hussein..."the Government is full of corruption" It is no one's fault but own own.

Mark Rounds

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

No it is not "our" fault. I don't vote for a crook. It is the liberal scum that populate Nancy Pelosi's district that put her in office. She is just a piece of liberal scum that reflects the lack of morals and values of her constituents. Unfortunately the percentage of slackers and idiots continues to increase in this Country and what you end up with is the POS Obama running for President.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I think if you look hard enough, they all have PAC's and they all use them for less than altruistic things...like skiing trips and cruises.

I'd bet nobody is clean, regardless of party.

5. tj303

tj303 Member

Source of story
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,431204,00.html

6. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

From Foxnews.com, linked above.

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Nancy Polosi is the worst speaker of the house in history. Ethics and politics cancel each other out. You can not have both.
    She is the apitomy of being advanced to the point of being absolutly worthless.
    If I really told you what I think of Ms POO-LOW-SEE I would be banded from this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.