1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

N Y rs ASKED FOR LICENSE AT JFK??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by break25, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. break25

break25 TS Member

I have heard stories where New Yorkers were asked by the Port Authotity Officers at JFK if they had a License for their Rifles or Shotguns when checking in. Can anyone confirm this?

For those out of NYS readers, NYC residents have to have their Long Guns registered and must carry their License and a card or NYCPD form showing that they own the long gun.

CHAZZ

2. break25

break25 TS Member

3. break25

break25 TS Member

BUMP 2

4. Mr.C

Mr.C TS Member

Chazz,I've heard the same story from a friend of mine.Can't validate it though.I live on Staten Island,and the friend who related story to me,lives in Brooklyn.

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

All our rights are at risk and not just from the left....well, actually McCain is a closet liberal. Then there's that jerk Specter...too bad it wasn't him that went down the toilet instead of Santorum. The same in Missouri where I live, we lost our best senator, Talent and got that dingbat...what's her face, but what can one expect from voters who elected a dead man 6 years ago?

Buz

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Devil's advocate(which it seems you really are)! First off, it is not the Port autority's place to ask for a liscense. Secondly the LAW is unconstituntial anyway (if it is the law) because it requires a citizen to pay for a right already guaranteed under the constitution. You seem to LOVE gun laws, no matter how STUPID they may be. As for me it's no problem. I don't plan on going there. Just Chicago or Washinton D.C. I'll stay in the south where no commie AH is going to hassle me about owning a firearm!

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Devils Advocate is likely a cop making $150 large at OUR expense

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

If your not then I apologize, however the tone of your post made it sound like it. The second Amendment is something I take VERY literally. I don't live in New York either, and with their nutty gun laws I won't go NEAR the place(same with states like Mass. or the land of fruits and nuts on the left coast). New York for instance has a screw ball law that no kid under 12 can TOUCH a firearm (so much for target shooting or huntinng with your kid)!West Germany had laws that were more reasonable! As far as gun laws MOST ARE unconstituntional. With a few exceptions(convicted violent criminals and mental cases, illegal residents, and those that are a threat to the U.S. etc.) most adult Americans should NOT be restricted from owning (or carrying) firearms. I DO beleive those who own guns, but support the restrictive"local" laws atre traitors to gun owners and the second amendment.

9. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

DevilA, after rereading your post, I have to apologize, I misunderstood your comments when I first read them...sounded like a "supporter" of the gun laws from the tone...

10. break25

break25 TS Member

Gentlemen, Thanks for your posting. The question was asked here because a couple of my friends are going to Africa and the are making their preperations and just wanted to make sure that they don't run into any SNAFU.

Since many TSers fly I thought they might have the real information.

So far, no one has submitted any confirmation, but I'll tell to carry their licenses JIC. Next stop, web site for NYPAPD.

CHAZZ

11. break25

break25 TS Member

lAST BUMP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.