1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

N VA clubs to Shoot on Wed?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dcb_wvu, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

As next Wed is a holiday I will be travelling in the northern VA area and would love to stop in and get in a few rounds at a club. I searched for the clubs and most seem to be private. I will be in the Warrenton area but coming through DC area from NJ. Any advice?

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Prince Georges Trap and Skeet on the DC Beltway, Rt 95-495 on your way to VA. Ten minutes off the road on your trip. Open to the public seven days a week.

3. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

Here's a link to a Google search for skeet and trap around Manassas. I would invite you to the Quantico Shooting Club, but we will not be open that day.

4. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

thanks for the quick replies. Prince George's looks good.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

The Bull Run Regional Park Shooting Facility is open to the public from 4PM to 8PM on Wednesdays. This is from their website.

Hours of Operation
    The shooting center will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
    4:00pm to 8:00pm Wednesday through Friday
    9:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday/Sunday and Holidays
    Hours are subject to change without notice.

NEW: Thursdays and Fridays sporting clays will be open at 2:00 by reservation. All other fields will be open at the regular time of 4:00. Call 703-830-2344 for reservations.

Directions:
    To reach Bull Run Public Shooting Center, take I-66 to Exit 52 (Route 29) at Centreville, drive 2 miles south on route 29, turn left onto Bull Run Post Office Road and follow the signs to Bull Run Regional Park and Bull Run Shooting Center.

--- Chip King ---

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Bull Run is open earlier now, starting at 1200, from what the new flyer said that was posted at the clubhouse. Call ahead to confirm.

7. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

It looks like Bull Run will be open on Wed from 9 to 5, being a holiday and all. This is good. A group of us are now getting together for morning trap and maybe a sporting clays round, then off to Stonewall for 18 holes in the afternoon and dinner at the Brass Cannon. A Federal Holiday well spent if you ask me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.