1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

N. Texas/S. OK Shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigdogtx, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Trying to get Dennis DeVault and Dean DeBow to come south for one of their clinics. I told Dennis I would find out interest. Their clinics are $350 for 2 days. If you have an interest, please post here or PM me so I can get back to D&D.

I would be guessing that we would have to look at Buffalo Creek, Ft. Worth or OTA in El Reno. If you know of another course or would like to "volunteer" your club, let me know that also.

This is just exploratory so no date is set yet.

Thanks.

From another post regarding the clinic agenda, "This is a compressive course that will cover general stock fit, shooting form, a mental approach to the game, Doubles, Singles, & Handicap. There will be class room work, a video of the session that each person will receive a copy of and one on one instruction during the weekend."

2. bigdogtx

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

bigdogtx,

I would certainly be interested, especially if held in Fort Worth or Denton.

HBT

4. bigdogtx

We would probably try to arrange closest to the majority of the shooters unless we couldn't get a club to allow the clinic. Got friends,,,,tell them to get on the stick. TX clubs would be closest to me as well...

5. RPTX

RPTX TS Member

I would definitely be interested. Buffalo Creek or Ft. Worth would work well for me - Ft. Worth is closer...

How far in advance do you think this might be scheduled?

RP

6. bigdogtx

That would depend on D&D's and the club schedule. I am just trying to find numbers of interested parties, and based on the majority of shooters, will try to find a club that is closest to them if possible. I don't mind traveling overnight, as anything outside of Denton is an overnight stay.

If we could get enough interest we might be able to do a Friday/Saturday and a Sunday/Monday to really make it worth their while if that is not too much time away from work. I just think that the gun fitting part would be worth the price of admission.

If you know of other shooters, talk to them.

Jim

7. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Jim,

How many traps do D & D need to put on the clinic?

HBT

8. bigdogtx

The clinics are limited to 10 students so they need 2 traps for the clinic. I would suggest that there would need to be 3 in case one would stop working,,,,just my $.02

9. bigdogtx

10. RPTX

RPTX TS Member

Still interested. Anywhere in the N. Texas area will work fine. Close to Denton makes it even better.

RP

11. bigdogtx

12. bigdogtx

Back up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.