1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

N.R.A. Life membership

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shooter, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooter

shooter TS Member

If you want a N.R.A. life membership now is the time to buy.

Life memberships go up to $1,000.00 on Jan.1,2007.

I just bought two for my grandsons.

2. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

one more payment and i'm full fledged.

steve.

3. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

I should have bought my life membership when I was a kid - only $50 at the time. Did spend (I think $250) later, then upgraded to benefactor.
    After the recent election, I upgraded to PATRON!!!
    Just remember this - the NRA is the LARGEST, private, safety-oriented organization in the U.S. Be part of the solution... join or upgrade!!!
    "Si vis pacem, parabellum"
    Mike (NRA Patron, ATA Life, MTA Life)
    Happy New Year.

4. blaine

blaine TS Member

i just called and upgraded. they're running a special for $500. it's still $750 for easypay, and confirmed $1000 for life membership starting jan 1. if you opt for the $500, any years you have pay ahead due not count as credit against the $500.

better call now. 877-nra-2000

5. schimmy

schimmy Member

Do they have any deals for upgrading from endowment to patron?

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

If you're a disabled veteran (I.E YOU HAVE A DISABILITY RATING from the VA, receiving payments or not) you can get signed up for the lower disabled rate - which is a substantial savings.

7. schimmy

schimmy Member

I think the discounts are being offered to get a quick influx of cash. After the way the last election turned out it will take a strong campaign and turnout to turn the tide. Once your a lifer you're less likly to donate. If your an annual member theirs a steady stream of cash. Without it things could get much worse in two years.

8. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

"any deals for upgrading from endowment to patron?"

I received a letter a few weeks ago offering a good deal (and a 'free' windbreaker.) They got me to upgrade from Life to Endowment a year or so ago with a letter (and a 'free' pocket knife.) I love free stuff. :)

John
    NRA Patron Member

9. schimmy

schimmy Member

I took the windbreaker deal to go from life to endowment about a month ago. It's a great cause on it's own, but free stuff is nice!

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I bought my Life Membership over 30 years ago and they send me a reminder to renew my membership about twice a week except during the holidays when I get one almost everyday ... You can move all you want and they will still find you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I am not a life member but am a member.I bet they spend every bit of my dues sending me junk mail.I wish they would use it for worthwhile things like fishing,golf or other such trips for politicians.

12. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

Bulk mail rates are cheap and mass mailings DO bring in money. Nevertheless, here's the phone number from the FAQ in the Member Services section of the NRA site:

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?

A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

13. guncase

guncase TS Member

Bulk mail is not cheap!! It is like 17 cents each. Like WPT said,, mailbox full of the stuff. amounts to a bunch of wasted cash. The computer could generate a cleaner list. I hate for them to spend the money they beg for so follishly!! PAUL

14. shooter

shooter TS Member

Time has about run out to buy your life membership.or upgrade, at this low rate.

Remember, if we didn't have the N.R.A. we would not own a gun in America today.

Sure we get a lot of mail, but they would not send it if it didn't work.

Happy New Year.

15. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

What shooter said. The NRA has done nothing short of preserve our Second Amendment rights. Send them a donation now and then. It's the least a respectable gun owner should do. I just re-upped for 5 years and will receive a nice looking shooters bag.

16. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I am by no means saying the NRA is not doing its job.But come on I literally get junk from them everyday wanting me to join or rejoin and I just did 2 months ago.Everybody that owns a gun or thinks people should own guns should join.I just wish they would use their resources more wisely.I bet I get a ream of paper a year.I will take the advice of one of the previous posters and try to get off their promotions list.I donate alot to this org. and I don't need them sending me b.s. sales pitches to do it.We should see more tv commercials about young shooters on olympic teams or women that enjoy shooting or the elderly lady that saved her own life by owning a gun and being trained to use it.The charities and organizations that benefit from gun clubs,shooters and even the "evil" gun maufacturers.When they send me crap letting me know what they are doing for me they are preaching to the choir.I have a good 30 years left to enjoy shooting and I trust the NRA to keep me doing it.I just wonder about some of their methods and choices thats all.

Darr Wilson

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Priced it out of my reach, and that's exactly how a lot of others view it too.

18. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Gun owners are either pulling the wagon and contributing, or sitting in it getting a free ride from those that just happen to believe that the NRA is responsible for the correct interpretation of the Second Amendment.

19. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I do contribute.I am a member.The statement is are they using money and resources as wisely as they should be.

Darr Wilson

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Paladin, are you saying if you are not a LIFE member then you are a freeloader?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

n r a life membership