1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mythbuster's did it again. HA HA HA HA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bawana, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I just saw what they did with a water heater. They wanted to see what would or could happen if a water heaters safety systems failed. Yes a water will go through the roof of a house. Oh this was a good one. If you have not seen it look for it in the reruns.

2. Aussie Phil

Aussie Phil TS Member

I saw them live last weekend for a two hour Q&A - quite hillarious and very interesting!

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Many years ago I saw a small old ski lodge in Alta, Utah named The Goldminer's Daughter almost leveled by an exploding water heater. Amazingly, it was about ll in the morning on a beautiful day and everyone was out of the lodge skiing. They had to rebuild it. Jake

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

That's why it's a good idea to periodically test the pressure relief valve on the top of the tank to make sure it hasn't frozen up.

5. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

or plumb it as an open system.

7. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

Unfortunately in our town quite a few year ago , a fellow bought a house with a hot water radiator make up system in the fireplace to circulate water from the fireplace to the hot water system . No directions on how it worked . No safety valves in the part with the radiator that had isolation valves for removal ! His young son came for Xmas eve since he was separated from the wife . They lit a fire and sortly thereafter when the pressure built up , the radiator blew up and came across the living room and hit the boy and killed him . Separated the outside brick work from the house from the explosion . Not a very nice holiday for the family . I believe the wife was institutionalized for some time with this tragedy .

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

It would be interesting to see what they could do with a religion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.