1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???Mystery Loader Part???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Found this part with my dads old loading stuff. I don't remember this ever being used. Is this MEC's early attempt at a primer drop? Is this the part that was deemed "dangerous to use"? What model or models was it intended for? Just curious of its purpose. I have no intentions of using it. Thanks in advance.---Matt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

It is a primer drop for a single stage MEC, I've got two on 600jrs. Look around for alum. primer pick-up tubes, they work great.Dangerous, I don't think so, I've never had a problem......GOOD LUCK

3. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I have them on 2 600's that were my Dads. They work fine. Todd

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

Used one for years, still have it. I also have the little metal plate that was used to load primers into the aluminum tubes. The tubes are flared at one end with a pin at the other end. Fill tube (about 1 minute) put on primer feed, remove pin, ready to go.

cap

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, i'll have to search for the tube. I'm sure its around here too. I may have to set up my JR now just to see how it works. Thanks again--Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.