1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MySpace.com question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686beretta, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I know this question is off the wall,I am new to MySpace, if someone clicks on my profile, can I see who is doing it, whether they are or are not a member of MySpace. I have heard that yes you can other people say if they are not member you have no way of seeing who is viewing your profile.

2. John E

John E Member

I have never been able to find out who has seen my myspace page.You can limit it to just your friends by turning you security settings up to friends only. hope this helps John

3. Juno

Juno TS Member

The only way you can see who is looking at your profile is if you download software to do it. DON'T DO THAT!! It will screw up your computer! For all other questions contact Myspace. Also get familiar with all settings that can be edited. This will help you understand the most, faster.

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

What does it really matter unless you have information on there about yourself you do not desire the entire world to know so who really cares who looks at your myspace page ... unless your trying to hide yourself for some reason then you should not even be considering being on the internet.

5. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

Yeah, When I first opened myspace account, I put up pictures and videos of a lot of ny favorite things, my family, my music, my guns, my knifes, etc..

I left my profile open because why else would one waste all that time going world-wide.

Anyway all of a sudden I'm being appreciated by some firearm centric person. A little time goes by and all of a sudden this guy is asking me about the gun rules in California! I live in N. California and this guy was a little west of me. So he's asking me about parts to make a banned California weapon! He's asking me if I can get the part for him. I tell him to go check with his local authorized dealer. He still insists if I can get a particular part for him. Well needless to say, I put a block on him, set my profile to private and eventually changed my profile altogether to a music profile.

I'd be very leary of MySpace.

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

There is nothing good that comes from my space. A bunch of kids being stupid mostly. I don't know why on earth a grown man or woman would even want to be on myspace. Read thru some of the bs stuff that kids put on there. AND, your page CAN be used in court if someone has open access to it. They can do a screen shot of it and try to use it against you. I know because my daughter had one that the rapists lawyer tried to use against her. John

7. Juno

Juno TS Member

John, sorry for your problems. Law enforcement caught a child abductor via Amber alert on Myspace yesterday.

8. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

If you dont want the world to see it or use it against you then do not and I repeat DO NOT put it on the internet and the internet is far more than just MySpace.

9. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

you can set your security so that if someone wants to veiw your page they have to know your first and last name or any other private type information about you. it can be secure if you want it to be