1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MYRTLEWOOD RIFLE BLANK AUCTION FOR TS.COM NEW PICS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr.M, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Based on the success of the last auction I sponsored for the benefit of TS.com, I am now auctioning a Myrtlewood Rifle blank with all proceeds going to TS.com so we can keep this fun happening. We raised $500.00 with the burled shotgun blank and I appreciate the bids made by TS.comers. Let's get more for this beauty!!!!!!!

The blank is a monster, measuring 37 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 3 inches at the muzzle and a full three inches thick. As you can see from the pictures, this is a very rare Fiddleback pattern with the fiddle running through every inch of the blank. The base color is a deep honey brown with black line accents running with the grain from end to end. The color, stripe and fiddleback are symmetrical from side to side with no voids, checks or bark pockets.

This blank will host any caliber rifle and is thick enough to contain any rollover or offset the maker can design. The blank was cut in 2001 and has been air dried in southern Oregon since then. It is ready to work.

Myrtlewood is indigenous to the coastal regions of southern Oregon and northern California only in this hemisphere. It is a very dense wood with a natural "shimmer" found in no other wood. It has the working characteristics of the finest English Walnut and finishes beautifully, often hosting checkering as small as 32 lines to the inch.

The auction rules are the same as before. Starting bid is $100.00 with minimum increments of $10.00 thereafter. I will keep this one open until noon Pacific time on Friday, March 6, 2009. The highest bidder time stamped by that time will be the winner. I will pick up the cost of shipping and insurance for this blank anywhere in the 50 states.

For those of you who wanted a shot at another shotgun blank, get your bidding shoes on!! With a simple stroke of a saw, this becomes one of the classiest shotgun sets you've ever seen. It would be blasphemy to do that to this awesome rifle, but what you do with "Myrtle" in the privacy of your own home is your business.

Let's see what we can do with this one. Good luck and Good Bidding.

Mike Mann ATA Life 07-34685

NEW PICS POSTED 03-02-2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr.M

Gary,

Good question. Most folks don't realize that here in SOUTHERN Oregon we have six months every year with absolutely no precipitation or humidity. Myrtle that I cut in December 07 and measured at 70% moisture when cut was down to 30% after one summer in my barns. Very dry, very hot with temps in the high 90s and low 100s for weeks on end. Eighty miles north in the Roseburg area it's a whole different story. We ain't Vegas, but the summers are just right for this gig. Thanks to you and Duke for your bids.

Regards, Mike Mann

3. THE UNLOADER

THE UNLOADER Member

I will bid $200.00.

4. Mr.M

Thanks for the bidding everyone. I've just looked at the pics that were posted for the blank Bobby Emrick has donated to the Alaska State Shoot. Makes me realize that I should pretty up the rifle being auctioned here. I'll take some sand paper and elbow grease to it tonight and re-shoot the pictures after hitting it with "pretty juice". Keep an eye on this thread for updated and prettified pictures. Keep your wallets open and remember ALL the proceeds go to David and the wonderful world of TS.com.

Gary, thanks for kicking yourself out. We need to talk about your strategy. The Maple for the frame went by Priority already yesterday. You should have it Friday.

Mike Mann

5. Mr.M

ttt

6. Mr.M

New pictures posted above, as promised. Take another look. I stripped off the finish that someone had put on and wet the piece with alcohol. Shows the color, stripe, and fiddleback much more clearly than trying to photograph through a finish.

Price that it fetches should have just gone up!! Remember that this auction closes at precisely noon on Friday, March 6. Four days to go. If you're looking for a monster rifle blank to host your big-bore rifle, this is it. If you need a great 2-piece set to restock your favorite European shotgun or drilling, this is also it. Very classy and classic at the same time. This one will be any stockmaker's dream.

Right now Jerry's got it at $325.00. Let's see what we can do.

Good luck and happy bidding.

Mike Mann

7. Mr.M

Jerry's got it at $325.00. Going once.......................

I'm going to close this auction at exactly NOON on Friday, March 6. Less than 48 hours and counting. Remember that your bid goes directly to David for the benefit of Trapshooter.com. Kinda feel like the TS.com version of PBS.

"You only have 46 hours to go. If you want to keep this forum on line and financially stable, make your pledge now!!!!" You get the idea.

Regards and Happy Bidding,

Mike Mann
    ATA Life 07-34685 PITA Life 01630
    NRA President's Council

8. Mr.M

Eleven hours and counting............ Jerry's still got it at $325.............Going Twice.................

I know there's more money out there to support TS.com. I'm donating this blank and the shipping, even to Alaska or Hawaii.

Bid high, Bid often,

Mike Mann

9. Mr.M

Looks like Jerry's going to sail into this one unopposed!! 52 minutes to go till this one is history. This is your excuse to give to a good cause. The rifle blank is just the excuse for your wife/husband.
    Expect a flurry of bidding in the next 52 minutes. Your bid must be timestamped on or before NOON today Pacific Time.

Mike Mann

10. Mr.M

Congratulations Jerry. Auction is closed and you are the winner. PM me your shipping address and I will get the rifle blank off to you immediately. If you need David's address to send the check, I'll provide that by PM.

Again, thanks to all for looking, bidding and supporting TS.com. "Myrtle" has raised $825.00 for the cause in just 2 auctions. Pretty good job by the old girl.

Thanks, Mike Mann

11. david

david Member

Thank you Mike for your generous donation. Thank you Seitz Lady for bidding on this auction. And Thank You Jerry for being the winner of the auction.

I really appreciate all your support.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mannata by t s com

ts honey pics

www mannata by t s