1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MYRTLEWOOD AUCTION FOR TS.COM

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, May 30, 2013.

1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Time to create some more revenue for the maintenance and support of TS.com. Up for auction is a very rare (yes, I said RARE) stunning Myrtlewood 2-piece set with broken fiddleback figure through the entire blank and the bonus of a through-and-through patch of tiny birdseye burl in just the right place in the butt end of the blank. This is a big blank with measurements of 20 inches long, 7 1/4 inches tall at the butt, 3 3/4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 3/8 inches thick. This blank is extremely symmetrical in both color and figure and was cut eight years ago. It is dry, stable and ready to be immortalized by your favorite maker. Pictures follow:

IMG_2612_zps2f4d2470.jpg

IMG_2611_zps53329de9.jpg

IMG_2610_zps3c4a2c08.jpg

IMG_2609_zpsd1d68722.jpg

What's rare about this birdseye burl blank is that most burl in Myrtlewood is big and sinewy, not tiny birdseyes which are much more common in Maple. This blank will be shipped with a closely matching forend blank to the auction winner.

The auction starts now with a minimum bid of $100.00. Minimum incremental bids are $10.00. All bids must be made in this thread and I must be able to discern who you are. Bidding ends promptly at 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday, June 3, 2013. Winning bidder will send payment directly to David. As soon as David confirms receipt the blank set will be on its way. Any questions, please ask at the email address above. I'll be cashiering the Oregon Provincial Shoot all weekend at the Medford, Oregon Club and I'll have this blank with me for personal viewing.

Bid high and bid often as the proceeds of this auction directly support this great site.

Regards, Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS Your Myrtlewood Source

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I bought one last year from Mike to benefit TS.com. Hope to "turn-it" soon.

3. cgd14782

cgd14782 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I'll bid $100.00

Gene

4. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

0   0   0

$110. here

5. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

0   0   0

I'll go to $200.00 because that's the piece I want Dennis to fit for me when I win that PITA prize.

Larry

6. SlowArrow

SlowArrow Member

0   0   0

I've been thinking I'd really like Dennis to build one of his works of art for me someday. This would be a great piece of wood to start with. Let's bump it up to $250

7. GrandpasArms

0   0   0

I'll be watching this carefully on Monday. 10:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday, June 3, 2013 is midnight in The Windy City (so named because of the windy politicians, not the atmospheric conditions).

Larry

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the first day excitement and your bids. Dennis has produced some screamers from my Myrtlewood and this one will be no exception. Keep those orders coming for the DeVault raffle tickets.

Regards,

Mike Mann

9. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Three new full Tiger Myrtle blanks will be listed for sale as soon as this auction for the benefit of TS.com is finished on Monday night.

Awesome scores being shot at both LaGrande and Medford during the Oregon PROVINCIAL shoot going on right now. Look out Bulley!!

Mike Mann

10. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Twelve hours to go. Don't let this one slip away!! Great chance to support TS.com and add an awesome chuck of M-wood to your inventory.

See you all at 10PM.

Mike Mann

11. GrandpasArms

0   0   0

$275.00

Larry

12. SlowArrow

SlowArrow Member

0   0   0

Don't want to wait to the last minute........so let's go to $300