1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MYRTLEWOOD AUCTION FOR TS.COM ENDED

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Here we go again folks!! I committed that we would auction another great Myrtlewood 2 piece stock and forend blank set as soon as the two Hawaiian Koa sets were sold. They are, so here it is. Myrtlewood blank M-609 is now on the auction block and all the proceeds will go to David and the Trapshooters.com website. A great cause that keeps us all entertained and our wallets empty most of the time.

M-609 is a true monster with dimensions of 22 1/2 inches long, 8 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 1/2 inches thick. It is a superb dual-toned blank with fantastic birdseye burl showing through the meat of the blank giving way to a perfect layout with wonderful broken fiddleback behind all of the straight grain runout through the inlet area. Darker on the top, lighter on the bottom with pronounced stripe through the length of the blank, this beauty is amost perfectly quarter sawn. It will be matched with a forend blank with the same color and stripe shown in the inlet area. Two pictures of each side for your viewing pleasure:

M609right1.jpg

M609left1.jpg

M609left2.jpg

M609right2.jpg

The blank has one coat of Tru-Oil on each side to illustrate the figure, stripe and colors as they will appear when the blank is completely finished.

The auction starts now. $100.00 minimum bid with $10.00 minimum increments (you may, of course, exceed either one of these standards at any time). All bids must be posted on this thread and I would like either a name or email address for each bidder at least on your first posting. I will take the final bid at midnight Eastern Time on Sunday, August 21, 2011. This will give everyone a chance to see the blank but not so much time that the interest wears off. The winner will be notified, their final bid amount confirmed and that bidder will be asked to send payment directly to David for the benefit of Trapshooters.com. When David confirms to me that good payment has been received, I will package and ship the set the following business day.

Any questions, please email me at the email address above. Thanks for looking. Bid high and often. This is for a great cause.

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC
    Your Myrtlewood Source

2. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I'll start the ball rolling with a bid of $150.

Thanks for doing this Mike .... it goes to a great website.

Mike Kafura

3. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

0   0   0

I'll keep the auction going.....

$200 bid

Mr. Mark

4. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

0   0   0

Back to the top...........$225.00

5. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

0   0   0

bid $ 300.00

Dan Gill
    908-448-6820

6. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

325.00 and thanks T.S., Jack

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

$350.00

As a side note, are you having trouble with your site Mike? Sometimes the pictures don't show for me.

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Rast,

Not having trouble with the site other than my travel schedule has not allowed me the time to populate any pictures other than a bunch of royal walnut. I'll be photographing the first batch of Myrtlewood this weekend and you should see them mid-week next week. The first few maple rifles should be up later this weekend. I appreciate your patience while I get all members of the choir singing in unison.

Thank you to all who have bid on this beauty so far. Couple days to go.

Mike Mann

9. popeverly

popeverly TS Member

0   0   0

$400.00 Larry M.Everly sr

10. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Let's run it back to the top for the last day. Less than 24 hours to go. Going, going...................................................................

Mike Mann

11. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

12. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

0   0   0

$ 450.00
    Dan Gill

13. GoeWise

GoeWise Member

0   0   0

$460.00 GWise

14. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Gone!! Congratulations to George Wise for the winning bid of $460.00. I think that's a new record for TS.com auctions of Myrtlewood. Mr. Wise has been contacted by email with further directions.

Thanks to all who participated. It shows great depth of support from a lot of fellow TSers and I'm sure the $$$ will go a long way toward perpetuating our forum.

Spent the whole day getting the first set of decent pictures of the first batch of Myrtlewood blanks for the website. They will be posted before the end of the week. Thanks to all for your patience.

Regards and Shoot Well to all,

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.