1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Myrtlewood Auction for David BID HIGH BID OFTEN

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr.M, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Here's the one you've been waiting for. I am putting this Myrtlewood Blank and matching forend (from the same slab) up for auction with all proceeds going to David to defray the costs of the entertainment we all enjoy on TS.com.

This blank was cut in 2004 and meters at exactly 12% moisture. It measures 20 inches long by 7 inches tall at the butt by 5 inches tall at the receiver and is 2 3/8 inches thick. The pictures speak for themselves about the stunning beauty of the "boiling" burl figure and the three dimensional depth of color and shimmer.

Myrtlewood is an evergreen hardwood indigenous to the northern California and southern Oregon coasts only in the Americas. The only other place on earth it grows is in Israel. It is extremely dense and finishes with a shimmer that exists in no other wood. It takes checkering very well all the way down to 32 lines to the inch. All quality custom stock makers know Myrtle, but very few have any source in 2009, particularly in Exhibition Grade Burl.

I am actively building an inventory of high-grade Myrtle, specializing in Burl, Fiddleback, Feather and other aberrations that haven't been available in quite some time. I currently have over 150 blanks in inventory and will be cutting another 300 sets in the next few weeks. For a DVD of the current inventory, email me at the address above. 'Nuff advertising!

Here are the rules: Minimum bid is $100.00. Increments of at least $10.00 after the minimum is established. Auction will close promptly at noon Pacific Time on Sunday, February 22, 2009. When the high bidder's payment is received and verified by David, I will ship the stock and forend blank at my expense anywhere in the U. S. including Alaska and Hawaii. The only thing I want in return is a picture of the finished product whenever the stock is done.

If we raise enough money with this one, I may auction a Myrtlewood Rifle blank for the cause a little later. Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines!!!!!

Good luck and Good Bidding,

Mike Mann ATA Life 07-34685
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dhg

dhg TS Member

I'll start with $100.00 bid.

3. lju

lju Member

$400

lju

4. Mr.M

Thanks for the spirited bidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to see appreciation for ole Myrtle. She sure is a pretty thing, isn't she. Remember that Myrtle is here to help out David and defray the real costs of running all this fun. I can almost see that rifle blank happening as the next auction!! Thanks and let's keep it going.

Regards and Good Bidding,

Mike Mann ATA Life 07-34685

5. Mr.M

ttt

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Up for "The Mann" Dave T.

7. Mr.M

Dave T.,

Email me at above address and let me know how your dismantler came out. I'm not gonna be happy if Bulley put a bigger engine in yours than he put in mine. He did manage to scrape up a four speed Hurst shifter for me, but the rear end he put in it is a little suspect. Can't wait to get it. Gary tells me I'll be able to dismantle 409 shells a minute with this bad boy. That's almost as fast as I can load 'em on my 600 Jr.

'Nuff comedy. Noon Pacific Time on Sunday is creepin' up on us. Remember the minimum incremental bid is only $10.00. ALL proceeds go to TS.com, nothing comes to me except the right to pay for the shipping of the blank and forend. Thanks to all who have bid so far. Repeat bids are always welcome. If you guys get this one over $500.00, I'll put a Myrtle rifle blank up for auction next with all proceeds going to TS.com. Now you know the deal.

Regards and Good Bidding, Mike Mann ATA Life 07-34685

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Oh I see, thats what that little thing is on the end of my "unloader" It's a blower, now I can do em faster

9. Mr.M

Ladies and Gentlemen, We've been stuck on $400. from lju for a couple days. Remember that the minimum incremental bid is only $10. above the current bid. This Myrtlewood set would sell in the $700. to $800. range in the real world.

I'll restate my commitment to auction a Myrtlewood full rifle blank with all proceeds going to David and the TS cause if we close this one at $500. or more. That way we'll get the multi-discipline folks involved and get a little single projectile money into the TS coffers.

Remember, Sunday at noon Pacific time will be the final time-stamped bid. Don't let this one get away. Do it for David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards and Good Bidding, Mike Mann

10. okiefarmer

okiefarmer Member

I am in for $500. Thanks

11. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

$510.00

Gold Medal

Email me at "NOWWAITAMINUTE@YAHOOL.COM if I am successful high bidder.

Thank you.

12. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Sorry for the email error.

Correct email address is NOWWAITAMINUTE@YAHOO.COM.

I mistakenly put an L after YAHOO in original message.

13. Mr.M

Gold Medal,

Unfortunately, your bid was not time stamped until 4:00PM Eastern Time today. That was 1:00 PM Pacific Time. The published close time for the auction was 12 Noon Pacific Time, making Okiefarmer the winner. I feel bad not taking your generous bid, but have been very clear on the auction rules.

Sorry for the late response, but I was at my cutter's shop all day laying out and cutting another 100 Myrtlewood rifle and shotgun blanks.

Okiefarmer, you are the winner of this fantastic Myrtlewood 2 piece gunstock blank!!!!! As soon as David verifies that your payment has been received, I will ship the blank and forend either to you or to your stock maker, at your direction. Please email me at the address above with shipping particulars.

Gold Medal - since you did make a bid in good faith, although precisely one hour late, I will make the following offer: As the provider of the auctioned goods, I am willing to contribute a second Myrtlewood 2 piece set and declare you a winner also at $500.00. That way, TS.com benefits twice and two shooters walk away with the goods. Email me at the above address and let me know if you are interested. I will reveal particulars of this offer to you via email.

If anyone has a suggestion about how to better handle this situation please let me know.

Congratulations to Okiefarmer, I will be in touch via email. I'm off, per my commitment in this auction, to select a dry Myrtlewood rifle blank for the next TS.com benefit auction.

Regards and thanks to all who bid in this auction.

Mike Mann ATA Life 0734685

14. david

david Member

I would like to thank Mike Mann, okiefarmer and all that bid on this auction. I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate it.

Mike I received okiefarmers check.

David

15. Mr.M

Thanks to Okiefarmer for the generous bid and payment to TS.com. The payment has been received as noted by David and this stock and forend blank will ship to the winner tomorrow, March 3 by Priority Mail. This kind of support makes me happy to be part of this forum.

Now get busy bidding on the Myrtlewood Rifle. New pictures are being posted now. Remember, this new one closes this Firday, March 6 as detailed in that thread.

Regards to all,

Mike Mann

16. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Mr. Mann: Your are a very generous person. I would like, one day, to meet you and shake your hand. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.